LegacyGT.com

My Legacy wagon has not been driven in a while... Now there's issues..

My 99 Legacy wagon sat in my shop for about 6 months. Took it out tonight for the first times a while,and it seems as of there's something wrong with either the brakes or something drivetrain related. The car will not roll forward on a hill or even pushing. Once I accelerate it moves. Cars 5 speed if that matters. You can hear a slight sound almost like when you hit the brake right after it has rained a lot. I am curious if its something normal when a car has sat for a while (its been indoors the entire time it sat btw), or if something has seized. I did notice a slight smell coming from car once I was home. It was an odd odor. Sorry for such a dumb question on a Saturday night. I'm tired from work and car has made me aggravated. :spin:

Annnnd now it stalls when coming to a red light. I wonder if the gas that's been in tank is causing that. just topped off the gas and threw in some Lucas fuel system treatment. Hopefully that helps it a bit...:munch:

Some days I want to give up on this car and lease something new...

Best thing for a 1999 is to pack it full of tannerite and shoot it. I'm saving up for this mod should be able to do it soon.

Are your rims hot like the brakes are holding?

Check your hill holder cable. Its a small cable that hooks into the clutch arm below where the clutch cable is attached on the back side of the motor. If that cable is stuck or sticking it might hold the brakes on. Lube the gizmo below the brake reservoir have someone press and release the clutch you should see it move.

it sounds like the brakes are seized.

or maybe the hill holder is broken , if it has that.

was the hand brake on while parked?

where do you live?

was it raining when you parked it?

why did you park it?

check the vac hoses under the hood for leaks .

spray some carb cleaner around the engine compartment, on the vac lines.

if/ when the engine revs, you have found your leak.

Archived