LegacyGT.com

Plug n Play Aux-in mod for 2005 6cd radios

jazzymt

Hey there -

Just upgraded from a 1st gen iPhone to a 3GS, and when I connect the new phone to the Pro Kit I ordered/installed back in 12/07, I get an error saying that the accessory is not compatible and that charging has been disabled. So while I can get sound, I can't charge the phone. My previous phone would say that the accessory wasn't compatible, but would still charge the phone.

Any ideas/workarounds?

Interested here as well!

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...
I took the radio back out to install the noise suppressor and decided to do some digging and figure out why I had the problem with the CD changer initially. As it turns out, the instructions that accompanied my unit weren't exactly correct when it comes to the "testing it out" phase.

The instructions call for reassembling the CD changer into the radio, replacing the controls on the front of the unit and taking it out to the car for testing. The instructions call for plugging in ONLY the white wire harness and testing for proper operation. In my case, this allowed the CD changer to cycle and count CDs when plugged in, but would not allow a CD to be loaded.

I discovered that if I connected the chassis ground wire as well, everything worked fine. The chassis ground wire is a single black wire coming out of the same wire loom as the white wire harness. It simply clips onto a metal tab on the back of the radio. I'm guessing that the motor that loads a CD grounds itself through the radio chassis and wasn't being grounded properly in my case. If you happen to set the radio into the dash in such a way that the chassis is grounded anyway, everything probably works fine. But, I had mine sitting out of the dash far enough that it wasn't grounded at all and that led to my problems.

So, when testing the unit out, make sure you attach this extra wire and you won't end up pulling your hair out trying to figure out how you screwed up this simple installation! :-)

Anyway, hope this helps someone out in the future ... now to order one of those fancy cubby mounts!

-Bob

I have the exact same issue. I have done everything, including splicing my wire into my car charger successfully, but the CD player failed to load afer counting the CDs. I have connected the grounding cable in the back (both ways) and I have tried disconnecting and reconnecting a few times. The CD player counted the CD slots as described but did make a strange click on the 5th or 6th CD, although the player was empty of any Cds as per instructions. I will try taking apart the player again tonight, and re-put together and hope the CD player starts working so I can use my iphone and satellite directly wired to my stereo. But any suggestions? Thank in advance all.

L

Hey im new to this and not sure if there have been any new up dates to this aux hook up... so How can i get an aux hook up in my 05 legacy?

Well congrats on finding this thread and welcome to the forum.

Read the first post. It's all there.

If I'm going faster than you, Move Right.

I have the exact same issue. I have done everything, including splicing my wire into my car charger successfully, but the CD player failed to load afer counting the CDs. I have connected the grounding cable in the back (both ways) and I have tried disconnecting and reconnecting a few times. The CD player counted the CD slots as described but did make a strange click on the 5th or 6th CD, although the player was empty of any Cds as per instructions. I will try taking apart the player again tonight, and re-put together and hope the CD player starts working so I can use my iphone and satellite directly wired to my stereo. But any suggestions? Thank in advance all.

L

I realized I had shorted the fuse related to my armchair cubby hole when testing with a voltmeter. I did nor think it would be related to my dashboard cD player, but maybe it is. Hopefullly replacing this fuse also gets my CD loader motor working. I will let you all know. Now I have to identify the right fuse; the armchair outlet is not called out in the manual if I recall.

I realized I had shorted the fuse related to my armchair cubby hole when testing with a voltmeter. I did nor think it would be related to my dashboard cD player, but maybe it is. Hopefullly replacing this fuse also gets my CD loader motor working. I will let you all know. Now I have to identify the right fuse; the armchair outlet is not called out in the manual if I recall.

Actually the fuse is fine, the radio shack 3 into 1 outlet expander is what shorted. Back to square 1. If anyone has any thoughts on the load button not working, please contact me or post.

Thanks!

Hey, quick question:

Is there a different option for the members that have the one with the headphone jack and want to upgrade to the RCA jacks but don't need cables nor CD?

The one with the RCA jacks wasn't out when I bought mine so I had to use Y adapters to connect the Sat radio.

TIA!!!

Actually the fuse is fine, the radio shack 3 into 1 outlet expander is what shorted. Back to square 1. If anyone has any thoughts on the load button not working, please contact me or post.

Thanks!

I too a very close look a the loader mechanism, and it looks like the plastic piece might have a piece that broke off on the initial load when I heard that little snap. Net, net, I have ordered a used CD unit through a junkyard. Hope I am all set by the end of the week.

I too a very close look a the loader mechanism, and it looks like the plastic piece might have a piece that broke off on the initial load when I heard that little snap. Net, net, I have ordered a used CD unit through a junkyard. Hope I am all set by the end of the week.

I know more about my CD changer than I cared to earlier. After eliminating everything, I decided the top CD slot cover (covers the CD slot) was jammed in the platic groove of one of the plastic columns. That did the trick! Finally am set up 1.5 weeks later. The only issue now is why the sound amplification is not as high as I wanted, but the sound is clean and nice, and satellite radio, radar detector, and iPhone are wired for power and sound directly with hidden wires. Nice. Do this install carefully. I will look up the amplification issue.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm wondering if anyone here in the Philadelphia area has experience installing these, i'd like to pick one up but i dont trust myself doing the install.

beer or a little cash would be provided! shoot me a PM if interested in helping out :]

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12608

You'd be best off reading this sticky. I think any info on the audio system can be found there.

And look up there ^ there's a edit button right next to the report button.

|

Edited by Mitch
I wanted to see where the "EDIT" button was.
If I'm going faster than you, Move Right.

I'm wondering if anyone here in the Philadelphia area has experience installing these, i'd like to pick one up but i dont trust myself doing the install.

beer or a little cash would be provided! shoot me a PM if interested in helping out :]

Thanks!

I just did mine - work in Philly, live in So. Chesco. It's REALLY not too difficult - you really only have to know how to work a screwdriver. The only difficulty I ran into was separating the connection for the antenna - which is actually quite easy once you know the right button, and in fact may be pretty obvious to most (patient) individuals.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally had an afternoon to put my jazzy AUX Pro kit in. :)

Took a few hours to really take my time. I ended up routing the 3.5mm cable under the center console trim, then drilled a 1/2" hole in the armrest cubby, from the bottom, so it comes in just above where the little piece of fabric/carpet sits on the bottom. I'll get a grommet to hold the cord in place better, later on.

I didn't wrap the cable around inside the stereo at all, I just ran the GLI box just outside the heat sink. I wasn't sure if I needed to tape the AUX board up to the bottom of the CD changer, so I didn't. I also wasn't sure if I had to remove the heavy plastic, off of the board.......so I left it.

I'm amazed that everything worked, on the first go - I'm awful with anything electrical. :lol: