LegacyGT.com

Installation of the factory impact sensor "Shocked Me"

Rollin Wes

Okay, I ordered the impact sensor and installed it. Took 5 minutes. My car is in for service today and I asked to have it activated. Well, they just called and told me it would cost $80 dollars to have it activated and the sensor set!:mad: What the $*#%! I wouldn't have bought the piece of $65 $hit if I knew it would cost more to have it turned on than the part costs. Anyone have a thought about this price?

Guest *Jedimaster*
Sounds like a rip off- contact SOA and tell them- you'll get it for free- they're very good about straightening out individual dealers, but they have to know about it first.

I just called SOA. They said it depends on the dealer, but the price sounded about right as far as the cost per hour charge to do this program. So basically I am being charged for an hours time to do this program that would no less take 15 minutes on Subaru's part. This sucks! Anyone know of something I can purchase to do this myself? I hate it when I can't do something this simple myself.

Dealer labor rates are higher compared to mom/pop/Jiffy-ish stores.

The tech needs to use the Subaru Select Monitor(OBDII control system) to connect to your car and activate it.

You would need to purchase the Subaru Select Monitor and the cartridges relevant to your car and the different functions.

Opie's got insider info. :)

I keed I keeed

Um yeah, you're getting ripped off. I thought mine wasnt activated when I got my car..(It was pre-installed and never activated) Well, I took it to them, and they activated it and set the sensor are sensitive as possible in a manner of like 20 mins. Of course, I had to TELL them how to do it by showing them the printout I got off LGT.com.:rolleyes:

Take it to another dealer and have them activate it. Just tell them that you don't think it works or isn't activated. My dealer took care of it, no charge. Hell, they even offered a subsequent adjustment if I don't like the sensativity level as is.

Find a better service department. :(

Take it to another dealer and have them activate it. Just tell them that you don't think it works or isn't activated. My dealer took care of it, no charge. Hell, they even offered a subsequent adjustment if I don't like the sensativity level as is.

Find a better service department. :(

Unfortunately no other Subaru dealers are close.

it's when the glass breaks or when something bumps into the car (say a basketball or something large enough to jolt the car for the alarm to go off). This probably includes someone towing your car as the movement to get it up on the flat bed will be a big enough jolt to set off the shock sensor.
Keefe

Archived