LegacyGT.com

NoVA meet, Sunday September 18th - Manassas

rallispec

Alright here's the details as of right now -

September 18th (sunday)

Osbourn Park High School, Manassas

8am-5pm

Thier will be a capital driving club autocross going on there that day. The plan is to get a nice showing of legacy people thier to either participate, or just show up to have some legacy's in the lot where we can hang out, look at cool cars, talk about our cars - eat some food and have a good time.

(details here)

If you want to race, the cost is $25 ($20 if your a member)

If you would like to participate, you can begin signing up at 12:01am sept 10th.

To sign up, send an email to Ed Chan at CapitalDriving@yahoo.com with the following information,

Full name

Make of vehicle

Model

Year

and Color

you pay when you show up at the lot.

If you dont feel like autocrossing, you should still show up (no charge for watching) - loaner helmets are available if you want to go on ride alongs (which are still pretty exciting)

If you've never autocrossed before but think you might enjoy it, this is a great way to get started. If you're nervous about it, you can grab someone who's done it a few times to ride shotgun with you and help you get around the course. (I would be more than willing to help you navigate around. I'm not that good, but really enjoy it and will do what I can to help)

The CDC autocrosses are a very laid back event, focused on everyone having a good time rather than the compitition. (no seperate classes, no trophies... just everyone racing, having a good time)

But the real thing is that this would be a great place to get a group of legacies together to show off our cars and share ideas. You WILL get tons of compliments on your car ( I have never been to one of these and not gotten compliments) - and we will have something going on to keep us busy and not bored. Plus the parking lot pretty much turns into a car show with all the EVO's, TR6's, Cobra's, and other sweet cars.

My plan is to bring a grill and soda's, so we'll all be feed well. I'll have my photographer there taking some good action shots of everybody racing, along with some nice group or single shots if you want them.

The autocross runs from 8-5-ish... So if you just want to come and hang for part of the day that would be cool. Although i suggest we set a time so that we have the most people there possible at one time. ( maybe 11 - 3 or so for those who don't want to race)

If you've got kids, bring them --- they'll love watching the cars.

If anyone else has any ideas to make this work please post them up.

I'll see if I can make it, I didnt realized they moved it because I was under the impression of the Subaru Challenge and CDC event was on the same day.. and well, Subaru Challenge = Better venue to run at.

I should show up for this event, run or not.

Keefe

I'll see if I can make it, I didnt realized they moved it because I was under the impression of the Subaru Challenge and CDC event was on the same day.. and well, Subaru Challenge = Better venue to run at.

I should show up for this event, run or not.

Subaru challenge is the 17'th, right? I was thinking about making a day trip out of it and going to watch for a while.

I think CDC had to push theirs back to sunday becuase the school is being used that saturday. Which works out better for me as well.

Subaru challenge is the 17'th, right? I was thinking about making a day trip out of it and going to watch for a while.

I think CDC had to push theirs back to sunday becuase the school is being used that saturday. Which works out better for me as well.

Correct, Subaru Challenge is on Saturday the 17th.. EVERYONE will be there for some fun! I think it's too late to register, but you should definitely come out and watch.

Keefe

sounds fun, I may have a race that weekend (MT. biking) in gettysburg. I'll check
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

sounds fun, I may have a race that weekend (MT. biking) in gettysburg. I'll check

cool man, hopefully you can make it. If not i'll have to pressure PGT or SLeeper into bringing out there wagons and racing. (i really want to see how the wagon does :) )

rallispec, Pressure, pressure, pressure, not sure if I will even be around next weekend. Most likely I won't know until the 17th if I'll be here, work related stuff, well nonsense really, but I get paid regardless. If I am here I will show up.

hmmm, I'll probably be there. I may actually want to try to race, but Ive never autox before...

THis would be a great chance to get started - you'd get to ride along with other first to get a feel for the track before you went - and could have other legacy drivers in the car with giving you help and feedback.

regardless it should be fun - we've got so many Legacy owners around here in this area and it would be so cool to get a group of us together where we can just hang out and have a good time.

I just talked with Ed Chan, registration begins after midnight tonight (12.01am on saturday the 10th)

Osbourn Park High School, Manassas, VA is the location of our next autocross event, on SUNDAY September 18th.

Registration and tech inspection will be at 8:00 and will promptly close at 8:45 to try to accomodate the full field, while still giving 6 runs. You must be DONE by 8:45. So if you arrive at 8:00 you won't have a problem. Don't arrive at the last minute. If you don't get teched and registered by 8:45, you will lose your morning runs.

The event fee is $25 for members and $35 for non-members at this event. So if you plan to attend, e-mail me your name(s), make, model, year and color of your vehicle.

There is a freeze on membership unless already arranged prior to September 4th.

Member reservations (or participants that will join the club upon showing up) for any events can be made at any time. Open reservations for non-members for this event begins September 10th. To reserve a spot, e-mail me your

Full name

make

model

year

color of your vehicle

CDC number (if applicable)

Event date:

If you are a member and want to participate, I suggest that you reserve your spot as soon as possible.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.

Ed Chan

capitaldrivingclub.com

Again, no pressure to race, still a lot of fun if people just show up to hang out - hopefully around lunch time we can get enough legacies there for a good group shot and show those North east and Chicago guys that we can have a good legacy showing as well.

ok......here goes. I know I'm gonna catch some shit for this one. I can actually hear some of you guys laughing. my wife has a pampered chef party that day, so I'll be playing dad. sorry, can't make it:(
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

thanks, sometimes it's hard being me:rolleyes:

Ok, would someone be grateful enough to give me a ride on the course. Seeing as how I just turned 1000 miles, dont want to start beating up on her too bad just yet.

Like Keefe said, I wouldnt worry about it too much. But either way, i'd definetly give you a ride around in my car.

loaners are available on a first come first serve kind of basis. I dont think I've been there before when they were all being used, but you never know.

people are pretty good about only using them when they need them and then putting them back to let other people use them.

Archived