LegacyGT.com

Denial of Warranty Question

chuckzul

STOP!!!! pull out the slip you signed when you dropped the car off. read the fine print above your signature..... what does it say? let us know

Since the car was towed in while I was at work, no slip no signature, thus no fine print.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Since the car was towed in while I was at work, no slip no signature, thus no fine print.

You win. Its a FEDERAL law that they cannot perform service with out your reqeust.

get legal on their a$$ they will bend real quick

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

here are some legal statutes that will help:

16-107. Consideration, what imports. All contracts in writing, signed by the party bound thereby, or his authorized agent or attorney, shall import a consideration.

16-108. Want of consideration. The want or failure in the whole or in part, of the consideration of a written contract, may be shown as a defense, total or partial, as the case may be, in an action on such contract, brought by one who is not an innocent holder in good faith.

and the kicker........

Chapter 16.--CONTRACTS AND PROMISES Article 1.--GENERAL PROVISIONS

16-118. Same; requirements; failure to comply. (a) A debtor or a creditor may not maintain an action for legal or equitable relief or a defense, based in either case upon a failure to perform on an alleged credit agreement, unless the material terms and conditions of the agreement are in writing and signed by the creditor and the debtor.

(b) All credit agreements shall contain a clear, conspicuous and printed notice to the debtor that states that the written credit agreement is a final expression of the credit agreement between the creditor and debtor and such written credit agreement may not be contradicted by evidence of any prior oral credit agreement or of a contemporaneous oral credit agreement between the creditor and debtor. A written credit agreement shall contain a sufficient space for the placement of nonstandard terms, including the reduction to writing of a previous oral credit agreement and an affirmation, signed or initialed by the debtor and the creditor, that no unwritten oral credit agreement between the parties exists.

© Failure to comply with provisions of subsections (a) and (b) shall preclude an action or defense based on any of the following legal or equitable theories: (1) An implied agreement based on course of dealing or performance or on a fiduciary relationship; (2) promissory or equitable estoppel; (3) part performance; or (4) negligent representation. History: L. 1988, ch. 55, § 2; L. 1989, ch. 70, § 2; L. 1998, ch. 56, § 2; July 1.

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

here are some legal statutes that will help:

16-107. Consideration, what imports. All contracts in writing, signed by the party bound thereby, or his authorized agent or attorney, shall import a consideration.

16-108. Want of consideration. The want or failure in the whole or in part, of the consideration of a written contract, may be shown as a defense, total or partial, as the case may be, in an action on such contract, brought by one who is not an innocent holder in good faith.

and the kicker........

Chapter 16.--CONTRACTS AND PROMISES Article 1.--GENERAL PROVISIONS

16-118. Same; requirements; failure to comply. (a) A debtor or a creditor may not maintain an action for legal or equitable relief or a defense, based in either case upon a failure to perform on an alleged credit agreement, unless the material terms and conditions of the agreement are in writing and signed by the creditor and the debtor.

(b) All credit agreements shall contain a clear, conspicuous and printed notice to the debtor that states that the written credit agreement is a final expression of the credit agreement between the creditor and debtor and such written credit agreement may not be contradicted by evidence of any prior oral credit agreement or of a contemporaneous oral credit agreement between the creditor and debtor. A written credit agreement shall contain a sufficient space for the placement of nonstandard terms, including the reduction to writing of a previous oral credit agreement and an affirmation, signed or initialed by the debtor and the creditor, that no unwritten oral credit agreement between the parties exists.

© Failure to comply with provisions of subsections (a) and (b) shall preclude an action or defense based on any of the following legal or equitable theories: (1) An implied agreement based on course of dealing or performance or on a fiduciary relationship; (2) promissory or equitable estoppel; (3) part performance; or (4) negligent representation. History: L. 1988, ch. 55, § 2; L. 1989, ch. 70, § 2; L. 1998, ch. 56, § 2; July 1.

Hey, thanks Bu11dogg2, :D that's some pretty good stuff. Hopefully SOA will act on my complaint and I won't have to use it, but now that I have some ammo to use if neccessary.

Hey, thanks Bu11dogg2, :D that's some pretty good stuff. Hopefully SOA will act on my complaint and I won't have to use it, but now that I have some ammo to use if neccessary.

Peeps lookin' out for peepshttp://legacygt.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif. Another reason I love this forum!

Link to Kansas's statues:

50-617. Receipt of unsolicited goods, wares or merchandise deemed gift, when; negative option invitation or announcement; defense in action for return; deceptive act or practice. @ http://www.kslegislature.org/legsrv-statutes/getStatute.do?number=20163

50-626. Deceptive acts and practices @ http://www.kslegislature.org/legsrv-statutes/getStatute.do?number=20172

50-627. Unconscionable acts and practices. @ http://www.kslegislature.org/legsrv-statutes/getStatute.do?number=20173

50-628. Duties of the attorney general. @ http://www.kslegislature.org/legsrv-statutes/getStatute.do?number=20174

I keed I keeed

What are we missing? I get the feeling that you did something that they could link to the leaky brake hose. If that is the case, they won't, and shouldn't, cover it under warranty. Did you mount something that rubbed against a line? What I don't understand is how they needed to replace four lines.

But that still doesn't authorize them to make repairs without you signing a work order. They should have not continued to fix the car until you approved it.

What are we missing? I get the feeling that you did something that they could link to the leaky brake hose. If that is the case, they won't, and shouldn't, cover it under warranty. Did you mount something that rubbed against a line? What I don't understand is how they needed to replace four lines.

But that still doesn't authorize them to make repairs without you signing a work order. They should have not continued to fix the car until you approved it.

Hmmm....let's recap, backed out of garage, hit brakes, no brakes. Yeah, that was it, I applied the brakes , totally my fault. :rolleyes: After reviewing the work order, they only replaced the one leaky brake line, they were originally going to replace all four as a precaution. One of the things I may not have mentioned was that they never (read: never) showed me the brake line or the damage they said I was supposed to have caused. I know damn well that a good shop will return the parts they removed or at least show you the source of the problem.

Well, here is an update. I just got done talking with one of the senior customer reps at SOA and they totally sided with the dealership and denied my claim. They completely bought into the dealerships bullshit that they informed me before repairing my car of the warranty denial and the new charges and the biggest lie of all was that they showed me the damage. I told the rep that those claims by the dealership were untrue and this basically boils down to his word against mine. He choose his. I guess the customer is never right anymore. No surprise there I guess. Damn good thing I disputed the charge on my credit card. If I lose there I will have no other choice then to go to small claims court.

Archived