LegacyGT.com

What would you do?

CT2015Legacy

So last month (8/7) I ordered a 15' Legacy 3.6R from one dealer with Body Side Moldings, Remote Start, and #22 package option. Price given was $31,600 approximately for the vehicle not including $500 dealer conveyance fee (which I assumed was suppose to be included in price).

Vehicle was taking forever to arrive; was originally told should have end of August or beginning of September.

Girlfriend was look for a used car and we found another Subaru dealership that had one. They also had a 3.6R with package #23 (includes eyesight), remote start, and additional auto dim side mirrors with BSD and approach lighting (1st car doesn't have this). Price they gave out the door is only $795 more OTD than the other dealership (cost of eyesight) and they threw in body side moldings.

Basically with additional options I'm only paying $300 give or take at dealer number 2 than I am at dealer number 1.

Now the tricky part; dealer 1 already has the car sitting. Dealer 2 should have other one by October 3rd. I've been holding dealer 1 off but don't think I can anymore.

I have a trade which dealer number 2 had matched. Would you go with dealer number 2 with a fully loaded car for only $795 more and cancel with dealer number 1 or get the car from dealer 1 and cancel dealer 2?

Fully loaded for 800 more! Eyesight imo would add value to the car being that it is a family car, and families like safety things like eyesight. If you planned to sell or trade in later on down the line.

My thinking exactly; I just don't wanna get shafted on D day and have them try and change pricing or something around.

I may be in the minority, but what do you mean when you said you "ordered" the car. Did you get a factory ordered car with specific options and color and agree on a price? Did you leave a deposit? If so, then I think it is a bit tricky to just try and walk away from a deal that you agreed to and was done special for you. Imagine what you would say if the dealer sold your order car to someone else because they could get more money. Now if your " ordered" car meant the dealer was just searching inventory to get something close to what you wanted than I think changing your mind is much more " acceptable."

I may be in the minority, but what do you mean when you said you "ordered" the car. Did you get a factory ordered car with specific options and color and agree on a price? Did you leave a deposit? If so, then I think it is a bit tricky to just try and walk away from a deal that you agreed to and was done special for you. Imagine what you would say if the dealer sold your order car to someone else because they could get more money. Now if your " ordered" car meant the dealer was just searching inventory to get something close to what you wanted than I think changing your mind is much more " acceptable."

Well to start I did factory order the car; now whether it was a factory order or car that was found I have no idea; they were also looking for one to see if they could swap out also so idk if it was ordered or located.

Also I did out a deposit down but that doesn't mean anything; the deposit is refundable.

Well not that it matters what I think. But my two cents. No doubt the fully loaded car is worth the relatively few extra dollars. But it sounds to me like you got a factory ordered car special for you, and the time from 8/7 to now does not seem that excessive to me ( I just factory ordered a legacy and was told 8 to 10 weeks). So to me you are wanting to walk away from a deal you agreed to because you now have a better offer. And you are concerned if you go with dealer number 2 that they might try and change pricing or something around. But to me isn't that what you are trying to do to dealer 1? Anyway, in this case I would go to dealer 1 and basically go with the truth. You were looking for a car for your girlfriend and got a price for a similar legacy at another dealer. Maybe they can sell the car you ordered to someone else. Or maybe you could meet them somewhere in the middle in terms of price.

Yeah I agree with you 100% and value your input.

I did factory order a vehicle however I don't believe they got it from the factory. I believe it was a located vehicle as I ordered my vehicle with body side moldings but it does not show that option on their website as it does the remote start which I also factory ordered.

Not sure which way I'm going yet but I'm leaning towards dealer to with more stuff for the money.

Dealer 1 is charging to much; another guy I know got the same car (non eyesight) with more options for $31k OTD and they got me at $31,600 with nothing else included.

Archived