LegacyGT.com

Easy way to clean wax from Clear bra edge?

Does anyone here know how to easily clean the wax from the surface where the clear bra ends and the paint begins. I've always had a hell of a time getting that ever present white line to disappear. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Rick

I actually tape over the edge of the clear bra before I wax or polish. If you tape over it just enough then you can avoid any other lines appearing. I know it is kind of late for that advice now, but I thought I'd mention it.

I use a toothpick to clean the edges. Just slowly and gently scrape along the edge and you should see it make a difference. Don't just drag the point down the edge either or else you could run the risk of pulling up the edge. You could also wrap a bit of a paper towel around the point and wet it with some soapy water. That should help too. Basically just be careful no matter what you use.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

I apply wax/sealant on the clear film as though it was paint but I do it in only one direction from the film side to the paint which avoids the accumulation of "wax" on the seam. Think of it as going from a higher (film side) to lower (paint) surface. 3rd car with film protection and this method works for me.

Archived