LegacyGT.com

Lean Throttle Tip In

need bb

I recently noticed that every time I increase my throttle angle (aka tip-in) the car has a very brief lean spike. I know that either rich/lean tip in is a common issue for those with aftermarket injectors. I believe I have had this issue for a long time since I see the issue from some WOT logs back from 2012.

I originally had my tip in enrichment table scaled to 61% of the stock values to account for my larger DW 850cc injectors. I then went back to the stock tip in enrichment values and the issue still exists. I believe my issue is more complicated than just tuning the tip in enrichment table, since the stock enrichment table should have made my tip in too rich.

My MAF scaling is spot on and learning view for all ranges is within 2%. I am wondering if my fuel injector latencies are too low or if my injectors need to be cleaned? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

2011728352_TipInLean.thumb.jpg.e0806979f2fa882c0b67326f20003c10.jpg

Does it have the same problem with stock injectors?

I don't know. I have been running the DW 850cc injectors for 4 years now. The engine was rebuilt recently and while tuning I noticed the lean spike. My logs from 2 years ago still show the issue, but I never noticed it.

That's pretty close to what I'm using with my 900cc injectors. My car goes rich on tip in.

I honestly don't know anything else to try.

Thanks. It is weird since it goes slightly rich then then it goes lean, then back to rich.

Archived