LegacyGT.com

Confirming the feared

Hey guys,

so I got my 06 LGT about 2-3 weeks ago and everything has been going smoothly. Its been a blast to drive, amazing to look at, you know the whole deal. This week however I have noticed the engine was running a bit hot(not in the red but up to the first warning line below where it turns red not right where it turns red. Also, strangely enough it runs hot when im just driving around however when im on boost it goes down cooler for a bit) and today when i started it I heard the belt squeal a little bit. Seems like the dealer I bought it from had neglected to do the pump and belt even though its past the mileage to do that at, and Lied to me about doing it.

just want to confirm that it is probably the belt and pump and I have some yelling to do at the dealer

Contacted the dealer. Because I got the car less than 1 month ago they said all costs should be waived for me, however the final decision comes down to the general manager ( I was talking with the service department) If they dont waive the fees there will be hell to pay for making me pay for major repairs on a car they sold broken (got it 2 weeks ago)

Under further investigation it looks like I ca see some dried/corroded coolant on the gasket around cylinders 2 + 4. I happen to know the previous owner and he said also to check the turbo inlet hose and when I saw it it was bloated and leaking a bit. Previous owner said he told the dealer about it and they said they would fix it, guess not.

Taking it in to the dealer monday, for now i get to drive my 5thgen 2.5i

sorry to hear. hope its covered.

I was doing some research and by state law, any used vehicle bought from a dealer in which the person buying it spent more than $5000 there is a 60 day 3,000 mile warranty in which any mechanical problem(so paint and interior stuff dont count) is covered free of parts and labor charge. I have the law from the DMV printed out in case any issues arise, but it should be covered

I was doing some research and by state law, any used vehicle bought from a dealer in which the person buying it spent more than $5000 there is a 60 day 3,000 mile warranty in which any mechanical problem(so paint and interior stuff dont count) is covered free of parts and labor charge. I have the law from the DMV printed out in case any issues arise, but it should be covered

Excellent!

Archived