LegacyGT.com

new jersey law

volcomst0ne24

A friend told me that there's some catch where you get get as dark as 15% with an optometrist's note. He said he got pulled over and the officer let him go, even though he knew it was BS. I've been searching the DMV site (or MVS, whatever it's called now) with no luck. I'll let you know if I find anything as I'm looking at doing the same thing.

A friend told me that there's some catch where you get get as dark as 15% with an optometrist's note. He said he got pulled over and the officer let him go, even though he knew it was BS. I've been searching the DMV site (or MVS, whatever it's called now) with no luck. I'll let you know if I find anything as I'm looking at doing the same thing.

Anyone know if something like that works in CA?? :p

-ben

i did some searching on the new york dmv webiste and there is a tint exemption form. I forgot the form # but I picked it up at the DMV office. However, the exemption does not apply to optomological conditions. It only applies to dermatological conditions. So if you can find a doctor that can write a note saying you have a photosensitive skin condition, you're good to go

Got some followup on my last post. The exemption has to be ordered through the state DMV in lovely Trenton. They'll send you a form that requires a lot of work by your doctor (form may be completed by either an optometrist if you go with an 'eye' issue or a dermatologist if you're working with a 'skin' issue). After submitting that form, you then need to submit all the paperwork with your local inspection station so that they get you into their system as well. And so on. Apparently Derrty Jersey is making it tough because they've realized that a lot of people are using this loophole. Not only that, but you're only allowed up to 15% tint, which still allows 50% of light through.

On the bright side, though, you're not required to get your car inspected until '09 if you bought it new off the lot. :D

Archived