LegacyGT.com

TGV Delete retune

InTheBay

Hey folks,

2005 OBXT, 5EAT, All intake tubes replaced with Perrin, ELH, Exhaust, Uppipe, Big TMIC, Tuned by Ed at XRT.

I have a TGV delete sitting on my desk here and I'd like your opinion. Can I replace the TGV with the deleted version without a retune? It will increase flow to the head, but I'm unsure if it will affect the ability of my tune to maintain AF ratio.

What do you think?

On a side note, does anyone know the part number for the door seal that is mounted on the chassis, not the door? The big rubber gasket that's been beaten to hell by me getting in and out of the car since 2005.

I don't believe you'll need retuned because the TGV's are wide open (like the deletes) when the car is warm anyway. However, they do flow better. You'll still have crazy CEL's for the disconnected harnesses from the sensor and TGV motor. Tuner can disable them for you.

Updated parts list since original part-out here.

Original Full part-out of my LGT HERE!

I'd try first switching the CELs off as you mention, and then do a few logs to check your CL fueling is okay, or keep an eye on your fuel trims. I've had a couple of cars where deleting the TGVs seemed to cause the MAF scaling to go out a little. Nothing too dramatic, just a bit of correction and re-smoothing required.
Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

Archived