LegacyGT.com

The End of The Subaru Chase Mastercard

SLegacy99

I got my bill for September, expecting to earn $100 in Subie money for the last month of the card...instead I got 27 Chase Freedom Points...I'm annoyed.

Actually - that's incorrect. You should get cashed out in subie bucks. the accounts should be reconciled in November IIRC. You'll likely get something then.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Actually - that's incorrect. You should get cashed out in subie bucks. the accounts should be reconciled in November IIRC. You'll likely get something then.

That's more like it. And if your reward doesn't come out to exactly $100 you'll get Subiebucks in whatever the dollars and cents amounts to.

Yep! (no idea how you remember that! LOL)

Im mostly waiting on her :)

My wife is in the same field, that's why I remembered :)

Anyway, have 200 Subiebucks left and probably will use them for parts or something....

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

Still haven't gotten my new card yet... Once I get it and pay off everything, i'm going to cancel this freedom card.

I just received my statement and made purchases up to the cutoff date of September 27. Chase points show as zero and there's no mention at all of Subiebucks. Guess I'll pay it and wait. I'd suggest waiting for issuance of the final Subiebucks before canceling the card. I'm not sure what might happen.

• 1 month later...

Just a quick question for those who had the Subaru Mastercard: As of today, the end of November, I have not yet received my final Subaru Bucks (Should be in the ballpark of around $50). The final amount owed was to be paid by the end of November. Has anyone gotten the last payment from Chase? Also, my new cards have not yet arrived. (Of course I plan on canceling the account once they do. I was only holding out to get my final Bucks.) Has anyone gotten their new Freedom Card yet?

What brought this all up today was I did get a letter from Chase in the mail today that stated my Subaru Card could no longer be use after 11/30. I did call them and they told me the account showed the new card had never been issued. The said they would mail it out to arrive in 3-5 business days. I didn't mention the $ owed me. I figured I would wait until my December Statement came (with November transactions) to see if they paid them.

I was told my Subaru bucks reward balance of $125 was requested to be mailed out on 11/19. They said to contact them if I didn't receive it by 12/15. Every time I have contacted them with some issue on Subaru bucks their customer service has been very poor.

Just a quick question for those who had the Subaru Mastercard: As of today, the end of November, I have not yet received my final Subaru Bucks (Should be in the ballpark of around $50). The final amount owed was to be paid by the end of November. Has anyone gotten the last payment from Chase? Also, my new cards have not yet arrived. (Of course I plan on canceling the account once they do. I was only holding out to get my final Bucks.) Has anyone gotten their new Freedom Card yet?

What brought this all up today was I did get a letter from Chase in the mail today that stated my Subaru Card could no longer be use after 11/30. I did call them and they told me the account showed the new card had never been issued. The said they would mail it out to arrive in 3-5 business days. I didn't mention the $ owed me. I figured I would wait until my December Statement came (with November transactions) to see if they paid them.

No card, no bucks. I called in late November and was told both would be done in November. I'll give them a couple weeks and call again. After I get the bucks I'm canceling the card.

I haven't received the new card either, as far as I know, but all charges to the Subaru card that posted after the last statement ending date went to the new account. I have already received a statement showing the new account number and new charges to the account. There are also 286 reward points credited to the new account.

I should have accumulated slightly more than $100 in Subaru Bucks, and I did get the $100 coupon along with the final statement. I don't know for sure, but I'm assuming that the few remaining Subie Bucks over the $100 mark were converted to reward points on the new account. I don't expect to see an additional Subaru coupon for less than $100. It's small change either way. Won't lose sleep over it.

I was told my Subaru bucks reward balance of $125 was requested to be mailed out on 11/19. They said to contact them if I didn't receive it by 12/15. Every time I have contacted them with some issue on Subaru bucks their customer service has been very poor.

Yeah, I haven't gotten mine either....I was wondering about this.

I got two last $100 Subiebucks certs about a month ago or so. No cards this far even though they told me they were mailed on 11/25. Both cards (we had two, on mine and wife's names) stopped working yesterday. Funny girls at customer support was saying they should keep working.

She also told me that whatever was remaining SubieBucks balance was converted to Freedom points. There are two ways to use them, monthly or quarterly, I need to read on what's the difference.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

Came in the mail today.

Archived