LegacyGT.com

Import from Canuckistan

Can people in the US import LGT wagons from Canada, if the sedan version was sold here? I'm sure this has been asked before, but I couldn't find shit. Not sure if the rule of 25 years applies to those cases as well.

I'm thinking ahead to when my 05 LGT wagon finally shits the bed, more than an engine or something easy. Nobody makes a manual, turbo, AWD wagon anymore. No one. It ******* sucks. Finding another 2005 with lowish miles will be damn near impossible in 2016 or so. Maybe an 09 would be easier and more abundant in Canada.

So yeah, if anyone has actually done it legit, I'd love to know.

I don't think I've posted a pic of my car this year as I've been stupid busy at work, and haven't had the downtime I had at my last job. From last winter:

IMG_20131209_090945_422.jpg

You can buy a CAN car and bring it to the States as CAN cars follow US safety regs. YOu will need to pay cash for the car in CAN then bring it back and pay the taxes etc to your state if they have applicable taxes on cars. In addition to a safety inspection. I say cash as no US bank will finance a car purchase in another country directly. You could get a personal loan for the amount and pay it that way but not a traditional auto loan

You can buy a CAN car and bring it to the States as CAN cars follow US safety regs. YOu will need to pay cash for the car in CAN then bring it back and pay the taxes etc to your state if they have applicable taxes on cars. In addition to a safety inspection. I say cash as no US bank will finance a car purchase in another country directly. You could get a personal loan for the amount and pay it that way but not a traditional auto loan

Great info, thanks. Yeah, I figured it'd be cash only, which wouldn't be a problem... Now, to access Candian Autotraders :spin:

Archived