LegacyGT.com

My bd legacy. v2 sti swapped.

Marc

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/666reptiles/20140819_075813_zps04a6dc99.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/666reptiles/20140814_185849_zps9d6b1418.jpg

for now I'm still waiting for a few bits to make complete. It is a runner tho, daily driver actually. Lol. Owned the car about 4 years. Just got it back about 3 weeks ago from the transplant. Everything is looking ok so far. 1996 ej20k sti engine and trans with the 6k ecu. Uel ebay headers, 3 inch borla downpipe and full exaust. Getting ready to do a few things like delete blow off valve on tmic as I run the stock recirc valve for now, a few sacrifices had to be made to meet the deadline as again this is my daily driver. The intake was modified from the old 2.5 untill I can get a proper rally sport or stock jdm bits. All in all its a Friggin rocket so far, a step way above the performance of the na 2.5. I'm looking at doing a lot more in the future, it's a very fun car.

What did it cost and how long did it take? I really wish my car had some omph. All these years in V8's including my other ride, really leaves me wishing for more in my Subie. I've been thinking about either going the STI turbo route, or the 3.0 H6 since I mainly just wish for some torque.

While you're at it, consider straightening the fins on the TMIC...

I would if I planned to keep that particular tmic. I'd like to get the slant style appropriate for the v2, or begin the headache of plumbing the fmic. I have a source in the UK for all my v2 needs. Still, plenty to do untill I'm actually satisfied. I may give a shot at cleaning up the fins just a bit while I delete the bov as it isn't functional as I said before.

What did it cost and how long did it take? I really wish my car had some omph. All these years in V8's including my other ride, really leaves me wishing for more in my Subie. I've been thinking about either going the STI turbo route, or the 3.0 H6 since I mainly just wish for some torque.

Eh, if I'd suggest anything it would be to swap usdm. Jdm has that ooooooh factor but lawdy can it be tough to source parts. I had a bad batch of ECUs and a few snags along the way. I got a really good deal from a friend of a friend. Just a click under 2k in labor with another 4k in parts including the engine and trans. I lucked out with the 4.11 rear matching the trans. No shaft work or anything needed after that fact.

Stay away from jdm engine depot[where I bought engine trans and first ecu. I went through three before getting one that actually worked], if it's not a swap for your honda then don't expect them to know anything further.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived