LegacyGT.com

2001 GT Sedan sun/moonroof inconsistently won't close AND trunk reflector/light leaks

Aeolus

Hello! I've got a 2001 Subaru Legacy GT Sedan. The last couple of years the sun/moonroof (henceforth named sunroof as I don't know the difference) will randomly stop closing. It never has trouble opening--just closing.

I've greased/cleaned the tracks to the best of my ability (I can take pics if you all want to judge my work). I've replaced the switch. And now the tilt switch (the one where the back end of the class comes up) has stopped working.

The motor sounds fine when it works, and I don't hear any distinguishable "distress" from it as if it was wearing out or struggling. Honestly though, I don't even know if that would happen were it to be the motor going, nor is my ear trained for "distressed motors."

Has anyone here had a similar issue? If so did you and if you did how did you resolve it? Does anyone have any ideas on what else I can check? I didn't see a specific fuse for the sunroof, and I wasn't sure if "Illumi" meant the front lights or the rear lights or both lights or both lights and the sunroof.

Tail/trunk light/reflector:

I installed JDM tail lights and a trunk light/reflector. The trunk light/reflect seems to leak Is it likely leaking through the actual unit, or might it be leaking through the stock wing? Can I purchase a new seal/weather stripping for the piece if it is leaking?

Thank you all!

Archived