LegacyGT.com

XRT Tunning

gtonstilts

Hey guys I have been working with Edward at Xtreme Racing Tunning on getting my Outback 2.5xt tuned. Initially i was stuck on wanting to continue using my Cobb AP V3 and getting a hexmod valve body, but when i heard about the DBW tune offered by XRT i decided to do more research. I read many testimony's claiming great results for his engine and trans tunes. after speaking with Edward i decided to sell my Cobb V3 and take the plunge.

It was a no brainer i was able to sell the cobb used and still had money left over after the tune, For starters guys he is very thorough and was able to find not just bad spark plugs but also a large uppipe leak via the logs, right from the door version 1 of my tune was way better than the cobb and my current version 7 tune is a full half second faster 0-60 ! thats right a full half second with a cobb stage 2 tune i was hitting 60 in 5.76 now it does 0-60 in 5.2 ! both tunes were with the same mods and same stretch of road

Needles to say i am beyond pleased with the services offered by XRT Great pricing, great results, and the way the 5eat trans feels alone would be worth the price, car shifts firmer faster and most importantly at the right time. and when you put it in sport it is a rocket at less than half throthle it feels like i am flooring it revs 1st out hard and fast. the downshifts are perfect as well much more agressive when they need to be, and tame in D. one final thing is the manual shifting is great now you can actually use it and shift at red, before my tune it had such a delay that if you tried to shift it at red it would take to long and hit the rev limiter lol.

not sure if there is an XRT thread on here but he is king on the Outback Forums, do yourself a favor and at least pick his brain, best tune in all the lands esp if you are Automatic :-)

XRT contact info is

west_minist@xtremeracingtuning.com

• 7 months later...

Edward is great to work with. He answer his email/bbm within 5 minutes whenever i have any question concerning the tune. I am up to v2 from right now and my legacy 3.6r feels like a complete different car. I used to hate driving in manual mode due to shifting lag, but now the car shifts are crisp and almost instantly. I can now feel the car has more power especially in low end.

The price for Ed's tune is a steal because he will send you the first tune (v0) and after sending Ed a couple of logs of my 2nd gear pulls in manual mode. He will then ask you for your feedback, and continue to modified the tune (v1, v2, etc) until everything is perfect.

• 5 months later...

I'll chip in with some feedback as well.

Ed has done wonders for my EZ36D. He's been very patient, detail oriented and open throughout the whole process. Worked hand in hand with me and explained everything he did in detail.

He's not only stabilized the tune (one if not the only person who was willing to do it on my EZ36D), brought out more power (and done so consistently though-out the RPM range and both in CL/OL) but also did wonders for the 5EAT operation. The car is a pleasure to drive now, just as smooth and linear as stock but with all the benefits of the extra power enabled by the mechanical mods (intake/exhaust/etc).

He's always ready to help, always has something else to try, tweak, apply a slight revision, fine tune this or that. Its a pleasure to work with someone like this who is clearly as passionate and detail oriented as we are, who is also a car and motorsports enthusiast and who is clearly a perfectionist.

For any Subaru owners out there, from a N/A 2.5i daily driver tune through 3.0Rs/3.6Rs, LGTs, WRXs, STIs, and on to full builds with customer stand-alone engine management - I could not recommend Xtreme Racing Tuning and Ed more.

Reach out to Ed and you will NOT be disappointed.

I have lurked over here for a little while, I finally joined up. I have been active over on the the Outback Forum for a couple years. I found out about this site from those folks. Most of the time trying to drive me away. :lol: I also now realize that my car is more LGT than OB.

I have worked with Ed / XRT Tuning for going on 2 years. The work that we have done has been broad and over several builds. My XT started out bone stock. Combinded the power and cooling, with all of the other chassis modifications...I now like to call the car/her.... Frank. That's short for FrankenWagon, and yep, she's a girl...in case any were wondering. XRT tuning has been there almost every step of the way with the car.

And by far...as far as money spent...XRT Tuning is the best value of anything on my car. And I have some valuable sh*t bolted on to it.

My car has the 5EAT. Even with nothing more than an initial throttle map and 5EAT programming, the personality of the car was changed right away...I was getting some throttle logs and the pavement was a bit wet. When my stock (at the time) turbo kicked in...Frank leaped...forward and sideways as all 4 tried/did break loose for a moment...that was in second gear. Whoh!

Since, in the past year and a 1/2, I have worked regularly with XRT Tuning. I am not all that into You-Tube and whatnot, so I have no shifting videos or anything. Many others do, and it is really quite unbelievable the difference in programming on the AT. For Me though I found some of the additional services that XRT provides to be even more beneficial. We are finishing up a Stage3-ish tune currently. (If I can ever get Frank to be solid...on me, not XRT) Truthfully at least 1/2 of the work I have done with XRT has been diagnostic and repair support.

Tuning work aside, the diagnostic support has been even more valuable to me as I struggled to continue forward an make my car dream a reality. Frank is one of a kind, and still growing. XRT Tuning may as well be a silent sponsor, Ed has been integral. My car would not be were it is today without XRT Tuning. I have done ALL of the work myself. I don't allow anyone to touch her. Except, Ed, through patiently coaching me.

Do yourself a favor, Turbo MT, or ANY...motor 5EAT...(I think 4EAT as well), contact XRT Tuning. It will be worth your time.

CKE SSP product information and sales : chris.ckessp@gmail.com

• 2 weeks later...

I have been living with my new 5EAT tune now for about a week. Here is a post quote from me over on the OB forum.

I don't have any videos so, I am posting here. Frank has been relatively solid and trustworthy for the last few hundred miles...that's a big deal for Frank. I have finally been able to live with the new 5EAT race programming, I think Ed called it.

It is nearly faultless. Meaning I have to try to fault it. The gears now hold into a much higher rpm...IF I keep the throttle even/constant...like to redline...if I want. Or, I can modulate the pedal too...smoothly upshift. Gone is the clunks and slams...that used to happen when it got a bit confused.

And this is in comparison to the previous tune...which was already XRT modified and way better than stock.

I would challenge any 3rd pedal rower to do as aggressive, efficient and smooth clutch operation...as what I have in XRT 5EAT

Cheers

CKE SSP product information and sales : chris.ckessp@gmail.com

Hey guys, I just wanted to let everyone know how Ed has drastically changed my 08 3.0R for the better. Before Tuning the main complaint was with the way the DBW(drive by wire) throttle system worked, mainly how much lag there was when giving the gas and actually getting the power delivered..even my GF started complaining about it....The DBW lag now is a thing of the past! :icon_mrgr Now, when you push on the gas pedal, she GOES! doesnt matter if your at a stand still or if crusing and need some extra power to pass another car or climb a hill...The downshifting is effortless now, before you would have to depress pedal atleast halfway or more to get the car to realize you need/want more power...after XRT tuning, i barely have to press on the pedal for it to downshift! its great! Since i live at 4000ft in the mountains, im always climbing hills and headed downhill on steep grades...the 3.0R is much more enjoyable to drive on these roads, as the gears are held for much longer, it does not bog down in the rpms when climbing hills, but downshifts rather easily to raise rpms & give more power for these situations! driving in the automatic mode now feels like im driving in the manual shifting mode(sometimes i forget which mode im in...lol) Everything Ed had done with his tuning services has been for the better! I could not have found a better guy to help me out with my tuning needs! Ed, knows just about everything theres to know about most subaru models/motors, all his expertise has helped out in a big way when i needed some diagnostic help..

Ed, has also unleashed more power out of the H6 motor! Very quick now, alot more power in the lower rpm range and it just flies thru the mid to top end range of the RPM's with very firm and crisp shifts in automatic and manual modes. If your looking to get rid of the Lag that the stock DBW settings are at or want more power from your subaru, then no need to look any further, PM Ed @ XRT tuning and hell sort you out! :lol:

I couldnt have imagined the way the 3.0R is now before starting the tuning with XRT and ED will cater to all your wants/needs...Just been a wonderful experience working with ed for the last couple of months tuning!

Archived