LegacyGT.com

Rear oxygen sensor location on '06 legacy

Does anyone have a picture they can upload showing the location of this? I've looked for it several times and can't find it. The manual seems to indicate that it's accessible from the top (see photo), but I don't see it. I can see the cat clearly from the top, but see nothing that looks obviously like an O2 sensor.

image.thumb.jpg.3640e337347f695410e3501f720c4b9e.jpg

Found it. I have a normally aspirated 2006 legacy and I'm posting this for the future in case anyone else is looking for it. The front and the rear sensors are very close together, and accessible, or at least viewable, from under the hood. You can see them in this photo. The rear one is almost directly under the air box, which it have removed here. I found it much easier to remove from under the car, having removed the lower front panel that hides the radiator drain plug, and the right front wheel. After 184,000 miles, I was able to put an open end 22 open end wrench on it and with moderate force it came right off.

image.thumb.jpg.63b44bd892b8be7249dbdca9472da400.jpg

My apologies. I didn't pay enough attention when I answered. The LGT rear 02 is where I stated, on the end of the DP by the rear catalytic converter, but on the N/A (which you found already) they are much closer to the front.

No problem, I'm just glad I found it and it was easy to get to and get off. Because.... It looks like I'm going to need to go back in and try the spark plug non-fouler method of taking it out from the stream enough to get rid of the P0420 code.

Archived