LegacyGT.com

would an installation of BOV affect the tune?

hey guys, im assuming this to be a stupid question but one i need an answer to. i am contemplating buying a GFB hybrid adjustable BOV and am pending completion of my tune. this tune will be completed based on my original setup at the previous meet with the tuner which didnt involve a BOV. would it affect the tuning in any way that would require special tuning for this BOV or is it not that influential? thank you!

yeah, if you are dumping any air to atmosphere that supposed to go back to the manifold it would mess things up coming off boost because air the car thinks is there is going to not be there.. I don't believe a full recirc shouldn't cause any problems though.

yeah, if you are dumping any air to atmosphere that supposed to go back to the manifold it would mess things up coming off boost because air the car thinks is there is going to not be there.. I don't believe a full recirc shouldn't cause any problems though.

yeah its an adjustable BOV, with positions at atmospheric, 50/50 and full recirc. i could dish out another 100 to get completely retuned. but just correct me if im wrong, if i leave it on complete recirc i wouldnt need that retune?

Complete resirc you will not need to retune. 50/50 I think you'll probably be ok, I've run my GFB that way before without issue. Full VTA is not a great idea whether you try to retune or not. You will get backfires and pops most likely post shift from going momentarily rich.

Just mess around with resirc and 50/50 and don't worry about retuning.

so bottom line is, i should be alright? i can live with 50/50 rather than full atmospheric if were talking compromising. im not necessarily looking for any performance out of it really, more of the sound at the moment.

Archived