LegacyGT.com

Weird Intermittent Boost Issue

Hello everyone

lately Ive been dealing with a weird boost issue that will pop up intermittently

Normally the car will hit full boost 15-16 psi then every now and then after shutting the car off and starting it back up it will only hit about 7 psi which ive been told is about wastegate pressure? After this happens the car will continue to only reach 7 psi even after shutting off/starting car and will only go back to full boost after an ecu reset.

I am currently running a cobb ots 91ACN tune

Any ideas?:confused:

Perhaps a bad wastegate actuator. Sometimes they have that kind of annoying problem that is not consistent. Also check the vacuum hoses on the turbo too. There has been several people that have found tears in the hoses and that could definitely be a problem of inconsistency.

The other thing it could possibly be is that your wastegate bushing has begun "the slide" and it's not lining up the wastegate flapper perfectly anymore and is moving up and down enough to allow pressure to pass one time and then seal just good enough the next. Look at the bushing and see if it's either sticking up further (look for a line on the bushing) or pushed down further into the exhaust housing.

Good luck

Managed to do some datalogging today will upload once I figure it out but the DAM stays constant at .6

After some reading I believe this may be due to the cobb stage2acn91 ots tune which starts at a lower DAM value and learns up to 1? If anyone can give clarification on this that would be awesome

As far as feedback knock/fine knock learning goes feedback stays constant at 0 and fine knock learning will occasionally see values of -.35, -.53, -.1.4

I believe it starts at .875 and should work up to 1 pretty quickly after a reset. if you're at .6 for any period of time, you have some significant knock events happening and I'd start investigating leaks.

Archived