LegacyGT.com

07 legacy gt turbo antifreeze disapearing

hi im new to the foarm. I had a 02 legacy gt for four years now and this last weekend I sold it and upgreaded to a 07 gt limited turbo. but I drove the car a thousand miles home and the next morning it had no antifreeze. the car runs just fine and doesn't over heat at all it only has 73000 on it and has been well cared for. Subaru toled me to drive it another week and see if it keeps burning it. I can smell it burning it but that could be cuz I might have spilt some filling it but im not sure. the engine is very clean and no leaks but the only spot I see is the inlet on the turbo right under the intake and turbo coolent lines is caked and shiney but hard to get to or see really. does anyone know what this might be? maybe early hg prob or maby just a small leak on the coolent lines to the turbo? any info helps thanks

Take that big plastic cover off the engine, get a good flash light and take a look around.

May be a loose hose at the turbo cooling line...after it was replaced before the last owner sold it...just thinking out loud there....

I left that line loose when I replaced my short block.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived