LegacyGT.com

No CEL, no start condition

Some quick background-

Swapped head gaskets with the engine in the car, work went off without a hitch. Went to turn the key, got nothing- no crank, no fuel pump prime, just an ERHc code for a bad abs wheel speed sensor and CAN bus communication problem. Replaced it, same condition still presents itself. Went through a lot more diagnosing (in this thread) http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/help-engine-wont-start-after-head-gasket-job-er-hc-228686.html?t=228686

Messed with the car some more this weekend with a friend who is an accomplished mechanic. We found that the voltage at the battery and typical sensors is 12.3-12.7, like it should be.

Moving down the line with the multi-meter we found that the ecu is only getting 9-9.3v. There is also no CEL present, which says to us that the ecu isn't getting enough power to turn on the entire system.

We can jump the battery to the starter solenoid and get the engine to fire, but since there is no fuel present it will not start.

Is it that they key may need to be recoded to the ecu/biu since the battery was disconnected for so long?

I'm in deep and could really use some suggestions and ideas.

Make sure all connections are done right, Have you unplgged the big gray one but the shock tower and re-clipped it ?

I don't have a 2.5i so many of us only know GT's.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived