LegacyGT.com

05 legacy brake-line recall

Just got a paper in the mail today from Subaru. It's a notice for a recall on 2005 Legacys (could be for other years/ model too. Not sure). Description of the safety defect reads, "Subaru has determined that your vehicle may have been manufactured with brake lines that could, over time, corrode if exposed to salt, such as salt used to treat roads in the winter time." Inspection/repair will be taken care of as follows. "Subaru will inspect and test the current condition of your vehicles brake lines. If they are found to be acceptable, anti-corrosion material will be applied to the areas of concern as a preventative measure. If any of the lines are found to be unacceptable, they will be replaced and anti-corrosion material will be applied to the new brake lines. THESE REPAIRS WILL BE PEEFORMED AT NO COST TO YOU."

Well I guess I know what I'm doing tomorrow. Has anyone else got this letter in the mail?

This is the second one, had mine done last year and they say even if done already, come back at no cost and they'll re-check and do any required repairs.

Do it, brakes are kinda important...............

This is the second one, had mine done last year and they say even if done already, come back at no cost and they'll re-check and do any required repairs.

Do it, brakes are kinda important...............

Like they say...a car that doesn't start is a problem, but a car that doesn't stop is a larger problem.

Take the car to a dealer. I made an appointment and was out in a half hour.

Archived