LegacyGT.com

just bought one!

Name that Turtle: I think it was Leonardo with the nunchucks (or for Napolean Dynamite sakes, "Numbchucks"). He had the green bandana right? It's been so long since i watched them i can't remember....however, I've never forgotten B-Bop and Rock Steady!

Nope, sorry, it was Michael and he had an orange bandana. Leonardo had the swords and wore a blue bandana. ;)

Raphael had red and had sais and donatello wore purple and had a bo I think it was called (big stick).

n00bs. ;)

just bought a legacy 5 speed. im new with the manual so my dad took me out on the roads for the first time tonight. i did stall once at a red light and i stall a lot going from stop through 1st gear. is this normal for a newbie with the manual, i cant wait till i become "good" at it

I'll trade you for my 5EAT......wait...... you DO have a GT right?

yeah! remember girls only want guys who have great skillz!! GOSH!!

ha ha ha!!!:lol:

alright.. sorry.. back to the topic..

Girls really DO want Skillz:lol: (just a little ego booster for me. I need it)

Nope, sorry, it was Michael and he had an orange bandana. Leonardo had the swords and wore a blue bandana. ;)

Raphael had red and had sais and donatello wore purple and had a bo I think it was called (big stick).

n00bs. ;)

Can you post a picture of your Ninja Turtle shrine????

I assume you already know how to drive an automatic, right?

Try going to a flat parking lot (get someone to drive you if necessary) and practicing.

Push in the clutch pedal, shift into first gear, ease out the clutch until you feel the friction zone, then push down on the clutch pedal again. Don't even make the car move. Do this until you feel comfortable finding where the friction zone is without stalling the car.

Then, push in the clutch pedal, shift into first gear, give the car a bit of gas, and repeat above, taking away the gas with the clutch. Practice until you're comfortable with this. Again, don't make the car move.

Then, do the same thing, but creep forward a foot or two before taking away the power and the clutch.

Eventually, work your way up to driving for a little while.

If at any point you stall the engine, back up a step and start practicing again.

HTH.

just bought a legacy 5 speed. im new with the manual so my dad took me out on the roads for the first time tonight. i did stall once at a red light and i stall a lot going from stop through 1st gear. is this normal for a newbie with the manual, i cant wait till i become "good" at it

Yea working for your own things is sooooooooooo lame.........

Loser :D

Congrats on the car. Post some pics! I always enjoy seeing cars in people's own driveways and areas

I have mostly had MT cept my x cop car. MT is def good to know how to drive. I have friends that are in there 20's and can't drive MT. I thinks everyone should be made to as a safety issue.

Dave

I also found the Legacy to be one of the harder cars to drive stick in. The clutch engages pretty fast, and there's a lot of spring from the clutch, which can be good if you like a lot of feedback, or bad if you're just learning 'cause it'll pull the clutch out faster than you expect. Good luck with the manual, you'll love it once you get the hang of it!

is it ok to go in reverse just by letting the clutch up slightly but not entirely taking the foot off the clutch?

Actually, that's how I go into reverse almost all of the time. I've never found the need to fully let go of the clutch when in reverse.

-=- Livin life at 140 BPM -=-

Archived