LegacyGT.com

Honda NSX

I had some fun with an early 90's NSX today. Not as fast as it looks. Wasn't street racing or anything just a short run of hard acceleration from a stop. I think he thought he would blow everyone away from the stoplight. Had an interesting sounding exhaust system. Slightly ricy but not bad. I like the way they look but they should have given it some more power.

S2000 continues for another year or two until replacement comes out. The NSX just ceased production this year, IIRC. I have driven a few of them....all the later 3.2 models with 290hp. Given their light weight, six speed, and intake behind your head, it offers a very unique experience and it quite quick. I'd say a 5 sec car or less, but it feels quicker than it really is due to the sports suspension and instant throttle response and a wonderful gearbox.

I once test drove a used one at a local dealer....the sales guy insisted on driving it off the lot (and for the first 15 minutes up the road). Let's just say he would have gone to jail had we passed a cop. It had a K40 stealth system for radar and lidar. :D

I had a customer with a '99 targa....we did about $25K worth of audio work in it. When he would drop it off for tuning, he would ask us to drop back at his house when we were done....30 minutes down the road. We always loved it when he brought the car to the shop....he insisted we have 'fun' before we brought it back to him. He was the pres. of a defense contractor and used it as a sales incentive for his peeps....whomever was top dog each month got the car for the weekend. Pretty cool guy if you ask me ;)

Archived