LegacyGT.com

More Nav.Bluetooth problems...help!!

Hi all.........A while back I started a thread about my probs with my 2013 3.6R Legacy.. http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/mystery-message-224943.html

The crux of it was a strange message and the Bluetooth did not show the ID of incoming callers even though they were in my cell phone's phone book....after a bunch of trips to the dealer they installed an updated software chip (SD Card) and all was well..........At least until yesterday when the problem returned and I am now without caller ID again.....BUT this time the Nav also will not switch to "Night screen" when it gets dark or when the head lights are turned on. In the "Settings" are the options to have it switch to "Night screen" when the headlights come on (I have it set that way) or at a specific time and not at all......you can switch it manually to night screen.

Mine does not switch by any method other than manually...........:spin:

Question to other owners of 2013/2014/2015 Leggys with Nav...does your Nav switch to night screen automatically??:confused:

Our 2012 Limited 2.5i with nav switches just the way it is supposed to...but it is a Pioneer nav and that is about all it does properly.:mad:

I am off to the dealer again and would like to have some useful background info when I get there.

Seems pretty likely there is some kind of a corrupted file in the software that is causing this...........hopefully a complete new nav system is in my near future :rolleyes:

Thanks guys

My 2013 Nav screen switches to night screen just fine.

Bluetooth phone and audio streams flawlessly.

SMS text messages have never worked, even through Subaru says my phone is compatible(Samsung S5).

Also, the SD card is just for navigation maps.

Thanks for that ...this has been an on going problem since I got the car.....When we put in an "Updated" SD card a month ago the Caller ID problem was solved for a few weeks, BUT the switch to night screen has never worked except manually.

They say they will replace the entire Nav/Stereo deck this time...BUT as usual they can't seem to make up their mind when.... I pointed out the the service manager that it , not only didn't cost them anything to replace it...they actually make money from SOC by doing so........He agreed and said they would "Look into it"

Just annoying to keep going back (5 times so far) to get something fixed on a brand new car. Mine was bought in March 2104 but is a NEW 2013 Limited 3.6R

If you haven't already, check the dimmer wheel for the dash lights. If it is set all the way bright (there is a detent at the top of the scroll range) the nav screen will stay full bright when the headlights are on. I thought mine was messed up until I played with the dash dimmer one day...

Good call...I'll check that...But with the other problems with the Nav/Bluetooth they are going to replace it anyway.....Our 2012 2.5i Limited also had the Nav deck replaced under warranty...but for other issues. If Subaru would just put in decent Nav systems it would cure all these problems ..... But I am sure most owners never notice or complain.

I checked that out....right you are.... the day>night works with the wheel turned down out of the detente position but it doesn't fix the rest of the problems so it is going for a new Nav/Stereo next week.

Thanks

Spent a few hours at the dealership yesterday and they installed a brand new Nav/stereo deck....guess what???.... it solved all the issues......the tech who did the instal claimed there was nothing wrong with the original one even though he could not make it work properly. He says that the nav maker..Fujitech...will just bill them for a new one and claim the original was fine....I told him that if I ran Fujitech, I would claim that too........why pay for something that cannot be refuted ??? Once they have it back they can say whatever they want.

The good part of it was that my dealer stuck to their word that it would be fixed no matter what...... a BIG +1 for Richmond Subaru, Richmond BC.......Thanks!! :)

• 1 year later...
My 2013 Nav screen switches to night screen just fine.

Bluetooth phone and audio streams flawlessly.

SMS text messages have never worked, even through Subaru says my phone is compatible(Samsung S5).

Also, the SD card is just for navigation maps.

I had my entire head unit replaced under warranty with one that apparently has 2015 software. I posted in the OP's quoted original thread. Maybe you can push for an update or updated HU? ☺

Archived