LegacyGT.com

08 Intake manifold on an 05?

Lil_Loki

I've been looking at my local Craigslist and some one is selling an 08 STI intake manifold. Couple questions would it work on my 05 LGT auto? Second question is it even worth it? Third and final question would anything else need to be changed to make it work with the turbo, intercooler, ext...? I looked but was un able to find anything relating to this. If there is a thread any gel finding it or any answers to these questions is greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!

It would work provided you do the other supporting mods like an intercooler, turbo, tune, etc... I've done it on mine and have no regrets. Search for 'sti swap', there are multiple threads on it.

IMO not worth the effort. I think there is a 600whp thread here where he did that, but that's a race car more then a DD.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

So to run the intake I would need the other matching STI parts? Turbo inter cooler ect.? All I wanted was the intake not a full STI swap. Just was hoping the intake would bolt right on no extra issues. Figured it'd clean up the look of the engine bay. Red aluminum intake over the black plastic. Thanks for the info though.

Archived