LegacyGT.com

Air conditioner stopped working suddenly..

On my 05 GT. Drove to work and AC was frosty cold. Parked at work, went out on my lunch break, turn on the AC and nothing.. Just warm air and the compressor doesn't even kick on.

So I went and got a bottle of 134a and hooked it up. Zero pressure. I started fillig and a minute later the compressor kicked on. I kept filling to correct pressure and the air coming out felt a bit cooler. It was late at night so I just shut it off and went inside. This morning, I put it on and nothing again. No compressor.

So I'm guessing there's a nice leak in the system somewhere. What is the best way to find it? I've never really looked for an AC leak so don't know where to start! Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

You can buy 134a with UV dye in it and use a black light to find the leak.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Interdynamics-AFK-11CS-Arctic-Synthetic-Recharging/dp/B001810SHA/ref=sr_1_21?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1406040585&sr=1-21&keywords=ac+leak]Amazon.com: Interdynamics AFK-11CS Arctic Freeze Ultra Synthetic Recharging Kit with UV Dye and UV Light: Automotive[/ame]

• 2 weeks later...

Or connect it up to a bottle of nitrogen and crank that to 100psi or so and you should hear it hissing from somewhere

If its readily available of course

2000 Legacy B4 RSK - SOLD

2006 Legacy BP5 GT Spec B wagon - Garage Thread

2011 VW T5 van 2.0L of turbo diesel awesomeness

Archived