LegacyGT.com

So yesterday I went on a long drive down to portland to swap put my winged trunk for a wingless trunk, im very happy with the way it looks except one thing, the satin white pearl doesnt match up!, the trunk that i got seems to not have the shiny pearl white as my car body does, the trunk looks like it was left in the sun and untreated, it has like a brown tint to it, what should I do guys?!?!?? Here are the pics i tried to get it so you can see.

image.thumb.jpg.ca3c05ce5736d2dcd8f88298b10e0b18.jpg

Pearls are ridiculous to match. Usually 3/4 of the car has to be blended.

Your best option is to do what max said. Maybe if the cut it it'll clean up.

This.

I hate to do this to you, but, take a look at your door handles -- They don't match your doors. They never have, and never will. I've yet to see a SWP that looks altogether.

Pearl paint, for it to look "unified", must be painted in a single swath, one direction. But since most of these cars' parts were painted separately and then installed, the parts are only close, but they're not an exact match.

There's a chance that your wingless trunk needs some work to get it to blend properly, but, since it doesn't have the same wear as your car, it's not really going to look like it matches, even after you buff it out.

Also, "Help!!!" is pretty much the stupidest thread title ever.

Besides what has been said above about Pearl being very hard to match, It's no uncommon to have 2 cars that are the same year, same color and all but the colors are ever so slightly off.

It won't be detected with the cars side by side but the minute you swap a panel and look you'll see it.

10' CTS-V, A6, Airraid, 2.4 upper, ID850's, self tuned.

SOLD:06' LGT Wagon. BNR16G, Catless UP, DOWN, Hexmods VB, Hexmods diff bushings, BIG TMIC.

Best 0-60: 4.651 by AP

1/4= 13.678@100.73 mph, 1.945 60', Automatic transmission.

Archived