LegacyGT.com

Accessport + wideband O2

BarManBean

• Moderators

So I'm struggling to understand something here. How the heck do you log WBO2 data while also using an Accessport? Everything I'm reading seems to point to the fact that you have to use a laptop to log the Wideband data. At that point, why the heck would you even bother with an AP if you already have a laptop setup for logging everything? Seems like a big price to pay just to be able to flash maps with a smaller device if you have to log with a laptop anyway.

If I'm missing something, definitely point me in the right direction!

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

I've beens saying this for years! Although if you have a boost leak or vac leak, it will show itself via AF Learning. You wont be able to log wideband but you will still be able to see the leak assuming your car is tuned properly.

Yeah :-/ it's shitty. You have to use Accesstuner race to log on your laptop with the wideband. And getting ATR to connect to read the Accessport and wideband is a pain in the ass too. Looking back when I dumped the $650 into the Accessport I wish I would have known better and just got a tatrix cable and gone open source.

I still like the AP for clearing DTC's, switching maps, periodic logging, etc. I like to do a lot of road trips with the car and it's my DD, having the AP in the glovebox gives me piece of mind knowing I can switch to pump gas or retard the timing if I get bad gas somewhere, and read/clear dtc's if they come up, without always carrying around a charged laptop. If I'm making logs for tuning purposes you need to use your laptop and run ATR for the WB02, but I haven't given up on the AP, it still offers streamlined convenience for me.

Once they release the APv4 (just speculating) they shouldn't even consider omitting WB02 function this time though.

• 2 weeks later...
You can log with the AP if you have TGV deletes and are willing to do a manual voltage conversion. You just have to hook it up to the TGV sensor input and log the voltage with the AP. In the case of an AEM Inline UEGO the formula is 2.375(TGV voltage) + 7.3125. Example: 2.375*2.0vdc+7.3125= 12.06 AFR.

Archived