LegacyGT.com

Invidia divorced downpipe install, anybody have this fitment problem?

I just installed an Invidia divorced downpipe on my legacy gt and to get the downpipe to fit onto the turbo, I basically had to force tighten the nuts to get it to wedge it together. I was wondering if this was a common problem, or if there is a defective divorced region on my downpipe? thanks for any help!

Something must be wrong. Mines a bellmouth but it bolts right up.

Did you cut some out of the divorce plate ?

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

It is for a 5mt. The legacy gt that I got it off of had a vf42 turbo upgrade if that makes any of a difference. The bolt holes and hardware line up correctly. The issue is that the divorced portion that sticks out of the opening would not just slide in. I had to bolt it on slowly to force it into the turbo. I ended up stripping a bolt and stud by doing so. I will take off the downpipe and try grinding down the edges of the divorced slot and then install it once again. Hopefully It won't give me problems when I try to take it out...

No issues installing mine about 2 months ago. I even disconnected the wastegate from the actuator arm to verify the WG wouldn't hit the divider before I did the final tightening. No issues and didn't have to grind it down at all.

I found out the issue! it was the wastegate arm hitting the downpipe divider. I need to see if I damaged my wastegate from opening. I will take the actuator off the arm and see if it still opens and closes. Since I feel like its overboosting.

Is this a common issue with the Invidia DP? Seems some people are lucky enough just to bolt in on without issue and some have to modify it. None of reviews I've read(except a few threads I found while searching) have even mentioned this.

Archived