LegacyGT.com

California LGT Wagon Pricing? Dealership?

wingedmoon

I am in the market to get a 05 LGT LMT 5MT Wagon. I have emailed a few dealer, either they dont have on instock or the best offers are somewhere around $300 under invoices +$1500 rebate. Anyone bought one in California lately could share some information? And which dealer is great to deal with?

I bought my Limited 5MT wagon on July 3rd for $500 under invoice -$1500 rebate, $2000 under invoice total. This was at Diablo Subaru in Walnut Creek, a great dealership to deal with. I couldn't get anyone else to match the price when shopping around back then. You will be pretty limited on where you can find a 5MT wagon now though. If the one you found is exactly what you want, I'd jump on it. Otherwise, do a search of dealer inventories through the Subaru web site. Don't trust dealer searches. Many dealers will say that there are none available hoping you will buy off their lot. Others will promise you a car they haven't found yet.

Jason K.

The former internet sales manager at Irvine/Frank's Subaru, is now the internet sales manager @ the dealership in Ontario, CA.

His name is Carlos Zarate.

As a few on this board can attest, he was certainly able to work wonders @ his previous employ.

Tom

Got my Base 5MT GT wagon for invoice minus $362 plus $1500 rebate. Probably could have haggled it down further but the first dealership I had been talking to sold their last 5MT earlier that day. I checked the Subaru website and drove out to Livermore Subaru to buy their last 5MT on the lot.

Thanks for all the help!

I just got mine LGT Limited 5EAT 6 hours ago with $1000 under invoice + $1500 rebate! :D

Got it at Downtown Subaru in Oakland. I end up buying the 5EAT because my wife was giving me hard time on buying a MT. It is a Atlantic Blue with Dimming Mirror, compass, Cross roof bars and Folk bike rack. After everything got it out the door @ $30250.00. I think I've done ok since pretty much all the 05 are gone and this one is almost exactly the one I wanted. I am sure I can even do better but just dont want to waste more time driving around for a few hundreds less the gas will pay for itself already.

Also I want to give some feedback on some of the dealer that I have talked to during this 1 week process of buying the car.

Downtown Oakland:

Well I bought my car but they did kind of upset me at the beginning because when I call them and ask if they are willing to sell the car for me at $1000 under invoice + $1500 rebate, they said sure you got the deal. Guess what! Once I show up at the dealer they start pulling all those monthly payment, saving on MSRP trick on me and I said I dont care on what you are going to say I just dont want to waste their time and mine, either they do it or not. I even walk our the door and ofcause they call me back. Got the car and they match my Capitol One 60 months rate (5.75%) so I am happy and got my car!

Ron Price:

Charlie the internet manager was exchanging email with me for a few days. I dorp by on Monday and talk to him in person. A great guy nice and professional and the bottom line is no BS I tolk him what I am looking for and he counter me with $1000 off invoice + $1500 rebate. I think everything went really well and the same day is his last day of work in Ron Price too! He even gave all my information to the person who is replacing him and make sure what he qouted me will still be there. Now you might ask how come I didnt buy it from them? Because they dont have it instock and it will take a few days to do the dealer trade if the other dealer are willing to trade it to them. I just dont want to wait and want the make sure I will pick up the car at the price I want when I commit to the deal. But I do suggest people go there and try to make some deal. Travor is the person who replace Charlie, he is a great guy too so I am sure he will do thing the right way. Charlie is one of the internet sales manager at Mercedes-Benz San Francisco and I am sure I will look him up if I ever want to buy one.

StevensCreek:

Well I go in and talk to Mike the internet manager and tell him what I am looking for and he tell me out front "no I am not going to sell you the car." The think is that I am sure if Oakland Subaru and Ron Price can do it, they should be able to do it if not beat it. but oh well I got the car at a dealer closer to me with the option I wanted... now I can say screw them :)

Diablo:

They were fast and no BS even with just the e-mail quote! I got $300 under invoice +$1500 rebate with just 1 e-mail. Never had to chance to talk more to them since they ran out of stock. But I think they can surly deal since I got under invoice quote with just an e-mail!

Thousend Oak (350 miles away from me)

After a few e-mail I got a quote with $1500 under invoice +$1500 rebate in an e-mail form (so it is on paper) too bad that they are far away or else I would go and check it out.

These are some of the key dealer that I have talk to, hope it will give some body a little idea on buying their LGT.

BTW. After I pick up the car the frist place I go to is Mach III in San Francisco to order my Rota SDR 17" Gun Metal and a set of Tein Basic. Talk to Ray and he will give you some great prices. I will post some pic of my car soon!

• 2 weeks later...
StevensCreek:

Well I go in and talk to Mike the internet manager and tell him what I am looking for and he tell me out front "no I am not going to sell you the car." The think is that I am sure if Oakland Subaru and Ron Price can do it, they should be able to do it if not beat it. but oh well I got the car at a dealer closer to me with the option I wanted... now I can say screw them :)

be glad you didn't buy from them.

http://www.i-club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109552&highlight=stevens+creek

Archived