LegacyGT.com

2014 Base Stereo to 2014 Premium with color screen

Samets

As far as I know, parking lines in these HU's are not adjustable. There might be a secret service menu, but nobody has found it yet.

You can adjust camera's brightness & contrast, and choose language (English/French/Spanish) by pressing and turning the right dial when the camera image is displayed.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

A follow-up question to those who have done this swap: do you find the HU power enough?

Some mp3 tracks in my library are relatively quiet, and I have to crank up the volume to 30-32 (out of 40) when driving at highway speeds. According to Crutchfield, HK and non-HK stock speakers have different impedance: 4 ohms with base radio, and 2 ohms with HK radio.

I am thinking of adding a small inline amplifier, e.g. Alpine KTP-445U. That will likely warrant a new set of door speakers as well (Polk db651?)

Second, I am going to replace Metra antenna adapters with the original Subaru connector that supports dual antennae (86325AJ30A). It sounds like the HU periodically attempts to switch to the second antenna when listening to FM, which results in awkward pauses...

• 2 weeks later...
Ok, I'm upgrading my CE617U1 to a PE669U1 in my 2013 Legacy Premium, it's the next level up HU. I've seen pictures here comparing the two, and how it's not a direct swap, but haven't found exactly which cables are needed for the swap. Any one else gone down this road here? Thanks.

Ok, I'm upgrading my CE617U1 to a PE669U1 in my 2013 Legacy Premium, it's the next level up HU. I've seen pictures here comparing the two, and how it's not a direct swap, but haven't found exactly which cables are needed for the swap. Any one else gone down this road here? Thanks.

I went down this road and came out shinning. So far the only thing that I don't like is the missing strength bars from my phone and the address book is goofy (doesn't work) if you use an iPhone...

I bought my wire harness from SVXdc and am very pleased with the whole experience. He is a busy man and may take a bit of time to get back to you but such are hobbies that intersect our "real life"...

I also wired in a rear camera and am very pleased with how that turned out.

Here's a picture from his site that shows what the end product looks like:

Legacy_Outback_transplant_harness-CE.thumb.jpg.01c98404ffba459f0b6f0692597680c9.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Reviving an old thread...but would there be a big sound difference between the PE627U1 or PE669U1 and the H/K PE658U1? I recently did this conversion and used a PE658U1, but the built in amp doesn't seem as powerful as the original Clarion. Is the amp different between the H/K model and the non-H/K models?

Also, bluetooth call audio only comes out of the driver's left speaker. Is that normal?

I am wondering if getting a 627 or 669 would fix these issues.

Archived