LegacyGT.com

2014 Base Stereo to 2014 Premium with color screen

Samets

I found a green plug and a pink plug near where the antenna wire connects to the car anybody knows what the green plug is for thank you

Pink plug....

Originally Posted by Hepy117

One last question, does anyone know what the hell that pink plug is for? It's sitting at the bottom of my console when you put your head into where the HU would be and look down (on the left)

Originally Posted by nstg8r

Looks like a satellite or GPS antenna plug.

It's a 2nd sat radio antenna cable.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I did the transplant from ce 617u1 to pe627u1 i have a2 question in case someone knows the voice in the system when I try to make a phone call is low also I see in the 28 pin plug pin #3 is empty and a diagram that svxdc shows that pin activate the harman kardon amp as always any help is greatly apreciated

I did the transplant from ce 617u1 to pe627u1 i have a2 question in case someone knows the voice in the system when I try to make a phone call is low also I see in the 28 pin plug pin #3 is empty and a diagram that svxdc shows that pin activate the harman kardon amp as always any help is greatly apreciated

While she's speaking, use the volume knob to adjust the volume.

http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k617/haudo2009/2014-11-24202944_zps1bef391a.jpg

I also have a set of 28, 24 and 8 pins connectors. PM for more information.

You have the connectors, I need pins. Can you tell me which pins to use for the 8 pin connector and where to get them?

... I'm having issues with feedback while trying to use the microphone... There's a spot for a ground wire in the [car's 16-pin aux/mic] harness that is not there and that may be the issue ...

I finally figured out the problem and fixed Samets' harness. I had mis-wired one pin from the 16-pin harness to the 28-pin. Cars with the Fujitsu Ten nav HUs put one of the mic signals on pin 19, where these Panasonic display HUs put it on pin 18. Up until now, I had been building harnesses mostly for people installing FT navs.

The missing wire was the mic shield at 16-pin pin #7. That didn't cause the problem, but I added that to help minimize the mic wires from picking up unwanted electrical interference.

I did the transplant [replace CE617U1 with PE627U1] ...

I see in the 28 pin plug pin #3 is empty and a diagram that svxdc shows that pin activate the harman kardon amp

Since your car originally had the CE617U1 (meaning your car does not have the h/k amp and speaker system, you do not need a wire on that pin on the 28-pin plug. Only people who are replacing the PE605U6 (or similar models in other countries -- any with the h/k system) would need that pin.

However, 2014 cars with the PE669U1 do not have the h/k system, so that pin may be dead on those HUs. In that case, you'd have to use +12V ACC for the h/k amp trigger signal.

I'm happy to report that the harness SVXdc provided for my swap of CE617U1 to PE669U1 is working great! He was also able to provide me with the diversity antenna adapter that kept both existing antenna's in the car.

Little tidbits as I'm going along:

It is glorious to hear AM stations (Sports Radio) in the morning on my drive in to work in full HD! I've never heard AM stations sounds so good!

I don't like the FM2 and FM3 when pressing the Radio frequency button

Why is the BT and Cell signal strength bars missing??? This was so nice on the 617 radio

Hopefully I will have some time to wire in the reverse camera this weekend and fully enjoy this headunit...

I am currently working on a similar transplant: CE617U1 to PE658U1.

[antenna adapters info]

Alternatively, a combination of Metra 40-NI10 plus Metra 40-LX21 should work

Close, but not quite. Subaru and Nissan use slightly different connectors. See this post.

[Correction 3/13/2015: Actually, that combination would work, but see better alternatives, below]

You would want a long "forward" Subaru antenna adapter (Metra 40-SB10-18) plus the reverse Lexus antenna adapter (Metra 40-LX21, Scosche LSAARB, American Intl. LX-9, Best Kits BAA45). The combination will connect from the car's Subaru-style antenna connector (at the floor below the HU) to the socket on the back of the display HU. I have both of those kinds of antenna adapters.

The Lexus ant. adapter has a BLUE wire that you can extract and discard (that pin is not used on Subaru HUs).

You can get two of each of those, and cannibalize one pair to convert the other pair into duals. That will allow you to retain both of your car's FM antennas, for the HU's "FM Diversity" feature. Before you swap in the 2nd pair of coax cables, label the cables on the 1st pair -- those will make the connection for the car's primary antenna (upper cables in this picture).

1448189459_FeederCord86325AJ30A.thumb.jpg.d7e89314ee4be216a28ce5938c28703a.jpg

That's intended for Legacys/Outbacks with the FT nav, but the AM/FM portion will work for the PE6xxU1 display HUs.

You can remove the brown electrical tape and vinyl sleeve to separate the two halves. Offer the XM antenna portion to someone who transplanted an FT nav.

647367793_FeederCord86325AJ30Aseparated.thumb.jpg.91ca494a666d68a8c3e48001c8c80f66.jpg

The actual adapter is apparently supplied by Panasonic with each HU. Panasonic's adapter will have an XM portion with a FAKRA connector at the HU end.

Subaru does not have a part number for this cord. So far, I haven't had any luck trying to determine a part number from Panasonic. Need the HU's service manual to look that up.

Anyone who has one of the display HUs as their factory-installed HU -- if you remove yours, I'd be interested to hear if it has a label with a part number. Also, the length of the coax cables.

14364388_Subaru-to-Lexusantennaadapter.thumb.jpg.4144155202aa6eb077fe2d0f9c96b011.jpg

Close, but not quite. Subaru and Nissan use slightly different connectors. See this post.

You would want a long "forward" Subaru antenna adapter (Metra 40-SB10-18) plus the reverse Lexus antenna adapter (Metra 40-LX21, Scosche LSAARB, American Intl. LX-9, Best Kits BAA45). The combination will connect from the car's Subaru-style antenna connector (at the floor below the HU) to the socket on the back of the display HU. I have both of those kinds of antenna adapters.

The Lexus ant. adapter has a BLUE wire that you can extract and discard (that pin is not used on Subaru HUs).

You can get two of each of those, and cannibalize one pair to convert the other pair into duals. That will allow you to retain both of your car's FM antennas, for the HU's "FM Diversity" feature. Before you swap in the 2nd pair of coax cables, label the cables on the 1st pair -- those will make the connection for the car's primary antenna (upper cables in this picture).

[ATTACH]197522[/ATTACH]

Or, you could order Subaru "Feeder Cord" P/N 86325AJ30A...

[ATTACH]197523[/ATTACH]

That's intended for Legacys/Outbacks with the FT nav, but the AM/FM portion will work for the PE6xxU1 display HUs.

You can remove the brown electrical tape and vinyl sleeve to separate the two halves. Offer the XM antenna portion to someone who transplanted an FT nav.

[ATTACH]197524[/ATTACH]

The actual adapter is apparently supplied by Panasonic with each HU. Panasonic's adapter will have an XM portion with a FAKRA connector at the HU end.

Subaru does not have a part number for this cord. So far, I haven't had any luck trying to determine a part number from Panasonic. Need the HU's service manual to look that up.

Anyone who has one of the display HUs as their factory-installed HU -- if you remove yours, I'd be interested to hear if it has a label with a part number. Also, the length of the coax cables.

Thanks! The original Subaru part 86325AJ30A is way cheaper than Metra adapters - I wish I knew that...

What if I don't connect both antennas? The FM diversity feature won't work, how much signal degradation should I expect?

I did the transplant from ce617u1 to pe627u1 ... the voice in the system when I try to make a phone call is low ...

While she's speaking, use the volume knob to adjust the volume.

Thank you Samets I Try To adjust the volume but don't work

Which volume do you want to adjust? The sound from people you're calling?

I just added a link to Subaru's 2013 owner's manual (audio chapter) to my post #4 above, as well as the link to find OMs for other years/models.

The manual shows that you use the volume buttons on the steering wheel. It lists three different volume settings:

• "Phone call" (I'm guessing this is the sound you hear from people you have called),
  • "Voice", and
  • "Voice guidance"

I don't know what the difference is between the last two (and the manual doesn't explain). In the 'Setup' menu, there's an option under 'System setup' to set 'Guidance Vol'.

All of those are in addition to (independent of) the volume for when you're listening to radio/CD/MP3/USB/etc.

Thanks! The original Subaru part 86325AJ30A is way cheaper than Metra adapters - I wish I knew that...

What if I don't connect both antennas? The FM diversity feature won't work, how much signal degradation should I expect?

It won't cause signal degradation per se. Your HU simply won't have the 2nd antenna available to switch to. Even when the HU has the 2nd antenna, there's no guarantee that it would have gotten a better signal. If you're simply too far away from the station, or if something blocks or interferes with both antennas, you're hosed no matter what.

I'm still not sure where the 2nd antenna is.

To convert your current arrangement to dual, you can find the aftermarket antenna adapters (by Metra and other companies) cheaper on eBay. Or get the Subaru part and sell the ones you bought. As I said, you can sell the XM portion to defray your costs even further.

For more about FM Diversity, see my post here, this page (at installer.com), and this Wikipedia article Antenna diversity.

the ground for the microphone should be pin 6 on the 28 pin connector (for the shield) If it's set up for a rear-view camera, then pins 6 and 8 should be tied together (both ground - should pass from pin 6 on the new 28 pin connector to pin 10 on the 16 pin connector from the car harness, I think)

That's not quite correct...

On the display HUs' 28-pin socket:

Pin 6 is a mic detect input. The car grounds this, telling the HU that a mic is connected (and causing the HU to supply power to the OEM mic). This pin is not wired to the mic module.

Pin 18 is audio ground for the mic. Pin 5 is the mic audio (+). There is a braided shield surrounding those two wires. The shield ground stops just short of the mic module -- it does not connect to the mic.

In cars with the display HU, the car ties chassis ground to that braided shield -- it is not provided by the HU (no pin for it on the HU's 28-pin socket).

Pin 8 is a camera detect input. In cars with an OEM camera, the car grounds this. As with the mic, this tells the HU that a camera is connected, and activates the 6V camera power pin whenever you shift into reverse (and the detect pin is not wired out to the camera).

In cars with the CE617U1 HU, pin 10 on the 16-pin aux/mic harness is chassis ground (from the car into the HU), for the mic enable function.

On adapters I build, I connect the 4 mic pins from the 16-pin connector (pins 1, 2, 9, 10) to the respective pins on the 28-pin connector. I use the HU's camera CGND pin (#12) to ground the camera detect (#8).

In cars with the CE617U1 HU, that HU provides the ground for the braided shield (at 16-pin #7). So when you remove that HU, you need to tie pin 7 on the car's aux/mic harness to chassis ground, since the display HUs don't have an analogous pin on the 28-pin socket. On Samets' harness, I added a wire connecting the mic shield (16-pin #7) to the ground wires on the 20-pin and 10-pin harnesses.

Things get even more complicated with the PE605U6 (but I'll save that for another day).

I try to adjust the system female voice that ask if I want to make a phone call the menu only give me options for set up the phone , bluetooth audio but nothing else also I just install the back up camera how I get rid of the lines in the screen I try to hold the preset 1buttom and turn the volume knob 40 clicks but nothing happen any help is appreciated

All right... finally, I have installed PE658U1 and backup camera - thank you all :)

I tied together pin 7 (mic shield), pin 10 (car ground) on the 16-pin car harness, and pin 6 (mic enable), and pin 8 (camera enable) on the 28-pin HU connector.

The antenna is connected by two adapters: Metra 40-SB30 (it is actually a kit with 2 adapters included, I used one) + Metra 40-LX21. As David mentioned above, it is probably better to order the OEM Subaru part. On my 2014 OB, I was able to reach the antenna connector at the bottom of the console through the top - there is no need to remove the left kick panel.

Will test hands-free calling tomorrow...

I try to adjust the system female voice that ask if I want to make a phone call the menu only give me options for set up the phone , bluetooth audio but nothing else also I just install the back up camera how I get rid of the lines in the screen I try to hold the preset 1buttom and turn the volume knob 40 clicks but nothing happen any help is appreciated

You need a camera that does NOT have parking guide lines.

There are good reviews on Rydeen Miny.

I bought a cheaper camera on ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sony-CCD-Night-Vision-Metal-House-Switchable-Car-Front-Side-Rear-View-Camera-/121150021490

Both models have switchable parking lines - you cut or reconnect 2 wire loops to disable/enable parking lines and image inversion.

Push the Talk button on the steering wheel and say SETUP.

Turn the right dial on the HU until you see System Setup, then push the dial to select.

Turn the right dial to select Voice Guidance, push.

Adjust the volume using the right dial (she will talk to give you an example at each level), push to confirm.

The lines I like to get rid of are the ones when you put the car in reverse that screen that remind you to check when you back up I also purchased that cheap camera which wires need to be cut or loop thank you

Look closely at the camera harness - you should see two small wire loops: green and white. Cutting one of them turns off parking lines in the camera, and the other is responsible for image inversion. It is explained in the little booklet that comes with the camera.

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NDUwWDYwMA==/z/avcAAOxyDLZR8qlo/$(KGrHqFHJE!FH,g8VYuBBR8qloiGEw~~60_12.JPG

Thank you error I fix the volume of the voice guidance now my camera don't bring any instructions but the camera lines are not my problem the lines on the screen when I put the car in reverse and say check the surrounding before back up those lines I would like to get rid of thank you

Archived