LegacyGT.com

Fender Rolling?

I was wondering if I lowered my car about 1.5" with stock 17x7 will I need my fenders rolled? I already have the springs just wondering if I need to roll fenders to get them put on. Only downside is the closest place to roll my fenders is about 3hrs away.

Depends entirely on tires and offset. If you are running the OEM 17x7 +55 and an OEM tire 215/45R17 (or even similar like 225/45 or 205/50) you will be fine. There's plenty of room with stock offset.

If you have +30 or more offset then rolling will likely be required.

Likely fine but again offset is a key measurement when determining fitment...

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/faq-offsets-sizes-rims-and-tires-gt-xenonk-version-4426.html

Lots of great info in that sticky in the Wheel and Tire section of this forum.

Just commit to what you think looks good, then roll if you have to and if you don't, sweet. Wheels are like the most eye catching part of a car so get what you absolutely want and I'm sure that 3 hour drive with be worth it on the way back.

Ya but I don't like my 18s that much so I will probably put on the 17s and buy different rims. I just want to wear the tires on my 18s out so there not wasted. I guess I will find out tomorrow. :)

.36" is too much, you will run the risk of rubbing. 1.64875" is the max drop on a Legacy with 19s. If you went with an 18" wheel you can lower it down to 2.003275". Again I highly recommend picking up a laser interferometer for precise measurement so you know what works for your wheel setup.

Drift, I think StuckMic is wrong, you need a Flux Capacitor for this measurement....

As for rolling...it all depends on a lot of variables. If you have a lot of camber then the top of the tire will arc inside the fender more than if you running less camber. The exact wheel offset and even the brand/model of tire will affect it. Some tire, even within the same model type, have different shoulders and therefore different widths.

The only way to be certain is to use a combo that someone else has posted as a verified fit, or find someone nearby who will let you test fit theirs on yours.

The tire comparator at rimsntires will get you close enough for 95% of the fitments and you can take your best measurement from there: http://www.rimsntires.com/specspro.jsp

Nothing like a race track to find the weak points in man and machine.

"Good Judgement comes from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Judgement"

Archived