LegacyGT.com

exhaust tone question

Anyone with the nameless axleback exhaust on here that decided to do a high flow cat with the resonator or decided to do the resonator delete I love the sound of my axleback but just looking to see different options on how to possibly get it a little more throatier

you could try the intake silencer delete. i have not done mine on this legacy. but did do it on my 05 wrx when i had it. also my buddy did it on his 05 legacy. give the engine a bit more rumble.

Don't touch the intake ;) As stated there is NO restriction on the stock CBE for the LGT or 2.5i or 3.0R adding a Hi-Flow cat is a cure way for CELs. Chopping out the resonator isnt a bad idea if you replace it with a third muffler or longer resonator. I used a Magnaflow 5" round 21 inch long, straight thru muffler as a resonator which reminds that I also ran a MagnaFLow CBE on my 2.5i lol

I agree with Gee otto, you definietly dont want to use an ebay or any CAI unless the car is tuned for it. Its amazing once you get into the tuning side of it just how different intakes can effect the car. And actually do harm to the motor if not tuned for them.

if your serious about getting it tuned. look into agile auto they are in fallston md. shouldnt be too far from you. maybe an hour or so. between them and precision tuning in nj are the only places on the east coast i would even let touch my subaru. I would think one of those two places would do it.

I drove my wrx from pittsburgh to precision tuning in jersey i have a buddy that lives out there and he had all his work done there. both shops do awesome work.

Tactrix 2.0 cables yes. MOst tuners have you pull your ECU map and some logs send that to him/her they build a map. send it back you load it. log, send back they make revision(s) you are good to go.

There was a special running with STi Mikey $150 for eTunes for NON-Turbo Subarus it was popular he tuned H6 and H4 alike. Very good results and great dollar:benfits

Archived