LegacyGT.com

Adjustable vs. non-adjustable sway bar.

dashwort77

I hoping someone can help me understand the difference between an adjustable sway bar (ie Perrin) and a non-adjustable sway bar (ie JDM) other than telling me one is adjustable and the other isn't. What is adujstable, and how does it effect the hadling of the car?

Adding a larger rear bar increase rear roll stiffness, producing less understeer or the tendency of the front end to plow in a turn.

They are adjustable by changing the mounting point. You may see them listed as 21-22-23 - that means the effective size of the bar by using each of the three holes. Perrin is redesigning their bar right now as the three-hold tab interferes with the suspension.

The 20mm JDM bar is a fixed bar, as are the Cusco's and many others.

They are adjustable by changing the mounting point. You may see them listed as 21-22-23 - that means the effective size of the bar by using each of the three holes. Perrin is redesigning their bar right now as the three-hold tab interferes with the suspension.

This is exactly the response I was looking for. As you can tell I am a suspension n00b. Am I correct in thinking that the measurement of the bar is the circumference? I was confused about how you changed the circumference of a sway bar. Now that I know it is the effective size that make more sense. Thanks.

There is whiteline as well. I have both front and rear whiteline adjustable sways, they work great. no problems

John d.

Which settings are you running and how did they change the ride quality?

I was going to get the Periin ones but after all the problems that other members have had I think I am going to buy the Whitelines.

Perrin has committed to fixing the issue. If you were to buy one, you would be getting the new design with two holes, so I wouldn't worry too much between the two. Some of us have been trading emails with Jeff Perrin and they are close to getting things fixed.

both are on the stiff setting. No problems at all so far I have had them on for like 3 weeks. The ride quality is improved alot, no more diving into corners very flat feeling, Id say the best $300 I have spent on my car. I also have front and rear strut tower bars... but not much difference with them Had them for a week or so before the sways.... they did seem to make som diference when driving really hard, and the roads in Norhern VT are pretty rough (the reason for doing the strut towers) Not worth the money IMO. But the sways were like night and day.

John D.

Archived