LegacyGT.com

Camaro didn't get a 350 'till '87 model year. And it was 225hp. And you could only get it with an automatic. '85 5.0 (chevy) was 215, downrated to 190 for '86, and back to 215 for '87, the first year you could get a manual trans w/ 5.0 in the IROC. First year for 245hp was 1990.

LX notchbacks were ~3100 stock, unless you special ordered a no A/C, crank window stripper. You could get it to 2800, but it took some work. And I wouldn't really call an engine flawed, just because it breaks at 2x it's designed output... :lol:

Nobody back then made 500hp NA with a stock block 5.0 SBC. 400+ inch SBC, sure, but they were carbed, and not DD cars. And you could do the same with a stroked Windsor, so what's your point?

You can hate on the Fords all you want, but when you're blowing smoke, I'm gonna call you on it.

You are right the camaro didn't get the 350tpi until 87 but GM had it around since 1985.

What does it matter that they were carbed? Nothing wrong with carbs.

Just cause you have a boner for the one you had back in 87 doesn't make it a good car by any means. Don't get me wrong the f-bodys of the 80s were bad cars too. But atleast the power potential is there. With a ford 5.0 you can stroke/boost/spray but it is a gamble to go that high. Atleast with a good ole 4 bolt main SBC you have a lot more room for improvement. It is the reason it has been the considered the standard in many builds/rods since the 60s back when it made almost double the power of the 5.0 from the factory. And they are still used, and rebuilt for builds even today.

But once again for the 3rd time it is 2014 and foxbodies are slow cars with a subpar engine.

The point was about streetability, not carbs. But that's OK, keep making shit up.

Anything old is junk, got it. You win.

How did I state that when I have referenced SBCs which have been around since the 50s? And that is my point people still rebuild and source SBCs from the 60s,70s and 80s and use those for street rod builds or restos. Very few people search for a 80s 5.0 engine for their custom build or street rod. And there is a reason for that. Hell I have seen quite a few 80s stangs with SBCs in them. That is the difference between a well designed engine and the 5.0. The SBC is still relevant... even 60 years later.

Yep, the 5.0 Ford was junk. Was never worth a crap at all.

Just like you said. You learned all about it on the internet, so you're clearly right. Hell, all I did was actually race them. And the internet didn't even exist then, so I'm clearly wrong. I just wish I'd know what a POS it was... just to think about all that wasted time racing a POS... It makes me sad.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y185/RodanAZ/Mustangs/Trophies1_zpsac6e180c.jpg

Go ahead and keep up the BS, I'll be somewhere else. ;)

Nice trophies, there are quite a few honda civic owners with pictures taken like that. Doesn't mean they were good cars. There was a geo metro at great lakes that ran low 12s almost 10 years ago now. Must mean the metro is a badass car and we should all worship it.

It is an outdated platform with little room for power that has no room in this discussion. Please do go somewhere else and work on getting rid of that mustang boner you have been carrying around since the 80s. I hear its not good when they last that long.

Thats an idea... but id buy as close to stock as I can becuase mwby the p/o did the mods and did them wrong or its not how I would have them or blah blah blah lol. Thats why moded cars are normaly worth less but I dont always stick to that, I wont say no to a sound sytem that comes with the car :lol:

15k will get you close to Terminator prices. Not all the way but pretty close. Anyone who's been into cars for more than 5 minutes knows what those cars are capable of.

Ummmmmm think u could explain what terminatorr prices are?

03/04 cobra is called a terminator. Because they came supercharged from factory with forged internals. You can make almost 500whp with bolt ons. You can get them for 15k now but it won't be the clean low mileage ones. I'd say a well taken care of termi with decent mileage can be had for 18-24k around here.

GTO's can get pricey but it mostly due to the availability of body parts. I had a GTO and still visit the forum almost daily and you see a lot of cars with minor damage getting totaled out just because the parts are not available/incredibly expensive. I loved my GTO and wish I never sold it but unfortunately I wanted more doors and a useful trunk.

03/04 cobra is called a terminator. Because they came supercharged from factory with forged internals. You can make almost 500whp with bolt ons. You can get them for 15k now but it won't be the clean low mileage ones. I'd say a well taken care of termi with decent mileage can be had for 18-24k around here.

That's about what I see them for. One with 75k+ can be had for mid-teens. There was an 03 black hardtop with a little less than 50k miles for about 18 recently. Lower mileage 04's still bring mid-20's on up.

Archived