LegacyGT.com

Gauging Interest: Blue Ridge Parkway cruise

cliss

Hey all,

Out of curiosity, would anyone be willing to do a Blue Ridge Parkway cruise at some point in a month or so? Presuming gas is under eleventy billion dollars a gallon by then of course...

I did it once, solo, in my 300ZX before I sold it, and it was the best four hours I've ever spent in an automobile. http://www.legacygt.com/forums/images/smilies/dm.gif

Attached is a picture of the scoob at an overlook on the BRP from a couple months back. It's really a fantastic drive. Plus, the speed limit is 45 so it will keep us from being idiots (in theory).

Anyway, let me know what you think.

-Casey

aka

-The guy nobody knows :lol:

EDIT: Or we could do Skyline Drive to make it more accessible to the NoVA people...

scoob_on_brp.jpg.8d6758058cc8b7c2437ea50be0592766.jpg

hmm.. the blue ridge parkway is a long way to go for me.. If you wanted to hit up skyline drive instead though, thats really not that bad (depending on where we met up)

I prefer the Parkway, myself, but in the end it's basically 6 of one, half-dozen of the other.

Certainly Skyline would work out much better if we tried to get all you NoVA weenies in on it. :p

skyline drive is a nightmare in fall with the tourists. plus the park service are quick on their radar guns. trust me, I know! (got off with a warning though)

skyline drive and the parkway are both great, but some of the best driving in the area is also on the many little roads that cross them east-west. on those you get great twisties plus nice changes in elevation.

I actually plan on going for a drive out that way sat. morning before meeting at PGT's.

getting out of the legacy game :cool:

Cliss, if I remember correctly you are at VT? If so where are you living?

I was. I graduated in May of '04; now I live and work in Charlottesville, of all places. :confused:

I do have season football tickets though, so I'll be at every home game excepting this Saturday's. :D It's unlikely I'll be driving to any though.

Oh, and FWIW, I lived in East AJ and Tech Terrace when I was in school.

Cool. I graduated in May 04 as well. I'm still here getting my master's though. Too many wahoo's in the Charlottesville area, huh?

Well if you decide to come this way with your leggy, PM me ahead of time and we can compliment each others rides.

As far as the BRP drive, I'd love to but I have a ton of stuff going on, always!

Too many wahoo's in the Charlottesville area, huh?

I used to live in Charlottesville (batesville) But im a die hard Hokie fan!!

your a bunch of lucky SOB's to have the blue ridge parkway runnin through your hood!!! Partied it up at VT from 99-03 Sharkys!!!

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

Right on. They just bought the corner place where Woody's was.

Oh? Last I had heard that was just a rumor. On a side note, how's that roundabout treating you? :lol:

Cool. I graduated in May 04 as well. I'm still here getting my master's though. Too many wahoo's in the Charlottesville area, huh?

Actually, your average CVille resident doesn't give two craps where you graduated from. In fact, your average wahoo doesn't either. They don't usually care until gameday. :confused:

As far as the BRP drive, I'd love to but I have a ton of stuff going on, always!

Yeah, I hear that. The one time I did it I started at the top, where it intersects with 64, and went to BBurg via Floyd. It was fantastic. Maybe we can arrange something for sometime in October...?

Oh? Last I had heard that was just a rumor. On a side note, how's that roundabout treating you? :lol:

Haven't been through it yet, don't really have intentions to either. I never drive down Washington St... too many dumb pedestrians.

Yeah, I hear that. The one time I did it I started at the top, where it intersects with 64, and went to BBurg via Floyd. It was fantastic. Maybe we can arrange something for sometime in October...?

Yeah, that might work, long as it's not a gameday.

Well if you decide to come this way with your leggy, PM me ahead of time and we can compliment each others rides.

I work at UVA but I'm not a wahoo. Whatever the hell that is. I used to live in New Hampshire and actually graduated from Weber State (Ogden, UT). I root for UVA and VT. I've been told that it's sac religious to that.

I work at UVA but I'm not a wahoo. Whatever the hell that is. I used to live in New Hampshire and actually graduated from Weber State (Ogden, UT). I root for UVA and VT. I've been told that it's sac religious to that.

Haha, it is, but I do so as well. My girlfriend is a UVA alum and is finishing her graduate work there now. So I root for both.

Until gameday of course. The wahoos are going down on November 19. :dm:

Haha, it is, but I do so as well. My girlfriend is a UVA alum and is finishing her graduate work there now. So I root for both.

Until gameday of course. The wahoos are going down on November 19. :dm:

Currently the way they are playing, I agree. They look a little shaky while VT seems to be getting in a groove.

I finally saw the other silver GT in town. It was driving thru Barracks Road shopping center. The passenger spotted me and was pointing at my car. Saw him a couple days later on Emmet Street but I was in my 97 Subaru SUS.

Archived