LegacyGT.com

Car stalling question

So I was driving my 2005 Legacy gt 5 spd yesterday abs light came on real quick then whole car shut down. I opened hood checked connections on battery they were fine and tried to restart car it started but then died again less then 3 mins later. Car would not start. Let car sit till after I got off work car started brought it over to get battery and alternator tested and they both checked out. Checked wiring on the starter solinoid and those were fine. When car is up to temp the car will shut off and will not restart for a couple mins. Any Ideas would be help :confused:

You must have a CEL by now...?

Any maintenance done lately ?

Anybody power wash the engine ?

That the cause of a kind of the same problem a few weeks back, a bunch of wet connectors.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Your sure the battery terminals are clean and making good contact ?

Just trying to come up with easy fixes.

If you pull the cables to clean them turn the key to On for 10 seconds before you start the car. Then drive the car for a while.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

The next is to PM Frank_ster, he has about the most knowledge of the workings of these things then just about anybody.

You may try to PM cryo too. Dave is a Tuner close to you, you'll want to get to know him. He can do good things for your car.

Archived