LegacyGT.com

new to the legacy, wanting advice

Never mind the banjo filter and the uppipe cat. Those are turbo problems. Assuming you got the Outback height because you wanted Outback height, skip lowering springs. Sways and bushings will firm up your suspension. Pretty sure you don't have LGT calipers and rotors. Those would be an upgrade for you. Pads and rotors for the brakes. Where do you live? Snow? Best mod you can make is better tires. Get snow tires on steelies or put snows on the stock wheels and get a sexy wheel with summer tires and run seasonal sets. Enjoy!

Never mind the banjo filter and the uppipe cat. Those are turbo problems. Assuming you got the Outback height because you wanted Outback height, skip lowering springs. Sways and bushings will firm up your suspension. Pretty sure you don't have LGT calipers and rotors. Those would be an upgrade for you. Pads and rotors for the brakes. Where do you live? Snow? Best mod you can make is better tires. Get snow tires on steelies or put snows on the stock wheels and get a sexy wheel with summer tires and run seasonal sets. Enjoy!

This is the type of stuff I was looking for. Thanks a lot for the tips! I am living in colorado for now, so snow tires are a must. As far as the motor goes, its pretty quick as it is. Just a bit of fine tubing needs to be done.

If you run separate summers and winters, make sure you get the snow tires on before the snow comes. Summer tires are great in the dry and wet, but they are absolutely unsafe in the snow and ice ... to the tune of about doubling the stopping distance over an all-season tire.

If your new to this driving thing, I had summer only's on, we had a dusting of snow, the car backed down the driveway ok and onto the street. When I let the clutch out in 1st gear the car slide sideways down the crown of the road. I managed to get it back in the driveway, parked it and took the chevy suburban.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

This is the type of stuff I was looking for. Thanks a lot for the tips! I am living in colorado for now, so snow tires are a must. As far as the motor goes, its pretty quick as it is. Just a bit of fine tubing needs to be done.

Im pretty sure you can hold off on the snow tires for now beings that its june lol

03 WRB WRX (RIP)

04 JBP STI (sold)

07 DGM Legacy GT (RIP)

12 OBP STI (DD)

haha i definitely grew up in snowy weather. This is the first car ive owned in 10 years, so its a bit different.

If you get a good set of tires you are going to love your car in the snow. Its so much fun!! the control is like no other !

03 WRB WRX (RIP)

04 JBP STI (sold)

07 DGM Legacy GT (RIP)

12 OBP STI (DD)

Archived