LegacyGT.com

My 06 legacy gt threw a p0171 the other day, the only mods it has is an aem air filter, grimmspeed uppipe, hogzaust and intake silencer delete. I used my code reader to clear the code and afterwords it didn't want to start. After trying a few more times it fired up. At stop lights the idle drops low like it wants to stall and it feels like it is making no boost when accelerating. Any ideas?

It's just the drop in filter. This morning I put the intake silencer back on, removed the maf and sprayed it down with some crc maf cleaner, checked the vacuum lines from the bpv and the fuel pressure regulator and reset the ecu. After a 40 mile drive it's running like itself again and no cel so far.

60 miles is the normal cycle distance for the ECU.

There is also some talk of 2 drive cycles.

Good luck.

Cleaning the MAF is always a good thing to do

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

FWIW after clearing codes, turn the key off then back on. Leave it on for about 10 seconds THEN start your car.

10' CTS-V, A6, Airraid, 2.4 upper, ID850's, self tuned.

SOLD:06' LGT Wagon. BNR16G, Catless UP, DOWN, Hexmods VB, Hexmods diff bushings, BIG TMIC.

Best 0-60: 4.651 by AP

1/4= 13.678@100.73 mph, 1.945 60', Automatic transmission.

Gt's seem to need to have the front O2 sensor replaced after a time.

As long as you have no vacuum leaks...? I might think about replacing it with a OEM O2 Sensor.

Read http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/idea-web-links-saved-various-parts-219238.html

May be some info there on other sensors that work. My after market one lasted two years.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived