LegacyGT.com

Legacy style questions (i'm a car noob)

JustSo

Hey guys, I've been saving up and wanting to buy my first car. I'm pretty much a car noob but i have friends that are getting me into it and now i'm just trying to do some research. i'm looking around craigslist and probably going for a legacy gt wagon around 1998-2003 whatever i can afford. But how come some have the front air vent and some don't? and whats the difference between a l wagon, a gt wagon, and a gt limited? Thanks guys

Hood scoop is the gt. Limited is a trim package, usually leather and a moon roof. I'm not certain if there was a difference in the NA engines between base model and gt but I believe the GT's are the NA 2.5L (251/253)...if they're anything like the Impreza RS (which I believe they are) then the earlier models woul have DOHC and later SOHC.

Hood scoop is the gt. Limited is a trim package, usually leather and a moon roof. I'm not certain if there was a difference in the NA engines between base model and gt but I believe the GT's are the NA 2.5L (251/253)...if they're anything like the Impreza RS (which I believe they are) then the earlier models woul have DOHC and later SOHC.

Thanks man! I'm definitely gonna look for a gt then. I've also seen legacy outbacks with hood scoops

WIKI the car, you find out lots of info.

I had a 98 GT wagon, 00GT wagon and my 05GT wagon. The 2nd,3rd Gen NA cars were just trim packages. If I recall right. WIKI would have the info.

I do recall the 00's had 260 changes, and only cost $169 more on the base price. When I test drove it, I was sold in the first 50ft of the test drive. The car was that much tighter.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

If I did it over and with my lifestyle it would be a H6 Outback wagon with a MT. In your case we don't know your budget, lifestyle, etc.... look around and have the car checked by a Subaru specific Mechanic, before you buy.

Also fill out your profile, and check out the for sale Ads. on this forum.

If I did it over and with my lifestyle it would be a H6 Outback wagon with a MT. In your case we don't know your budget, lifestyle, etc.... look around and have the car checked by a Subaru specific Mechanic, before you buy.

Also fill out your profile, and check out the for sale Ads. on this forum.

Oh sorry i'm fairly new to the forum but will do. I personally know a mechanic who works with japanese cars that can help me out with that. But i'm looking around 3-4k for a '99 gt wagon preferably in spruce pearl. Just for a clean daily driver not for performance/racing. There doesnt seem to be much in the sales, i hope i'm looking in the right spot.

Craigslist, ebay, Autotrader, also you may have to travel a few states to find the right deal. Good Luck and keep us posted! try your regional sections on this forum maybe someone there can help!

Archived