LegacyGT.com

Alignment specs for Legacy GT?

I'm sure this info has to be somewhere on this forum but my search didn't turn up anything and quicker to ask than spend hours digging through the countless threads.

I don't know much about this topic but do any of you specify how you want your alignment done? I've got a stock '05 Legacy GT. Any info on the topic appreciated.

Dan

I think this is what you need? From the 2005 factory service manual.

*I've also attached an image of my "before" measurements when I had subaru do my alignment a few years ago. I'm not sure if the tolerances for your car are the same as mine though.

fs2.jpg.c373617e3ca9343a8636e83f2b9840e4.jpg

rs2.thumb.jpg.9708497e3a4d8e6b60bf6186f9f7ae3e.jpg

beforealign.thumb.jpg.c227d322f97393a03d2611837b0a7042.jpg

Thanks for that - great reference which I'll keep in my car. But I should clarify my question. A friend of mine has the alignment adjusted for better performance/handling, not just for whatever the alignment people do as a default. Can't get the info from him because he has a Volvo, but curious if there are "better" settings than default. Or if the specs in the manual are what's best and I should just stick with that.

As an added question, if the factory settings are best is this something I should bring with me when I get my car aligned or in general do shops, like Firestone for example, align to factory settings?

I think you worded your question correctly, I just skimmed though your initial post, and was really just replying to the thread title by mistake. Like you said, still doesn't hurt to have subaru's specs regardless.

You pretty much want 0 toe all around, which is still pretty close to the stock measurement. There's no eccentric camber bolt adjustment in the rear, but they can loosen the suspension nuts a little bit and wiggle in an extra -.5 or so. In the front, you can't get much more than -1.5 degrees out of the eccentric bolt. -1.5 is a nice aggressive street camber in the front. Caster is not adjustable on stock suspension. If you want more negative camber in the front or rear, you need to get adjustable top hats. If you want other adjustability, you need some other new suspension bits. However, you don't really need to adjust outside of the stock alignment capability unless you are tracking or autocrossing your car. For aggressive street, just go to the limit the stock bits will allow. Welcome to LGT.com. Enjoy!

Edit: Here's your alignment thread, hiding out in the 2nd gen forum: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/second-generation-legacy-coilover-alignment-faq-167775.html

Archived