LegacyGT.com

why is the legacy so cheap????

it's concerning me before the purchase. i've got another month before my current lease ends, so i'm using that time to wait for my color/options to come in. during that time, i've been periodically checking with the dealerships to see if they have what i want. i'm already getting offers for 500 over invoice, 2000 below sticker. that's THEIR offer. if i sat down with them, i know i can bring em down further. why in the world is a brand new car, newly redesigned and potentially a good seller, going for so cheap? i wonder if i'm missing something here. do subarus usually sell like that? is a recall i don't know about?? a rebate? this is no complaint about a good price. but these selling practices are giving me some pause. please advise.

haha, no offence or anything, but the term "cheap" is very subjective. I think everyone agrees that this car is a "good deal". Why? Maybe Subaru is trying to move up scale, but this is their first attempt so they need to build the reputation before charging a premium. They did some good research and spent the money on where it counts most so this car is more cost effective than buying a badge with lots of bling. There a lots more reasons why this car can be so affordable.

Speaking strictly to the Legacy Sedan: I think prior to this 05 GT release, I don't think Legacy sedan sales were exactly moving... When I was talking to one of the dealers regarding seeing a lack of Legacy sedans on the road, he told me that in his 2+ years at the dealership, they sold a total of maybe 10 sedans. Given that, it could explain why none of them really ordered a lot of the Legacy sedans. The dealers I went to in my area had maybe 1 or 2, and that's it. Even with the performance of the 05 GT's, there weren't many people looking at them that knew about them. The dealer was really pushing me to pick up the solitary wagon they at the time had on the lot. About 2 weeks afterwards, they did get a shipment of Legacy's but there were only 2 sedans and a ton of Outbacks and wagons. So as CombatCQB states, it's probably to build brand recognition. Definitely for the sedan segment since in my area, I've thus far only seen 1 Legacy sedan on the road, and an older one at that.

Archived