LegacyGT.com

Need Help With Reproducing Studdering!!!!!!!!!!

I'm boiling made with Subaru and my local dealer. Subaru is adament that the dealer has to reproduce the problem and that there needs to be an engine code. Problem is that the studdering seems like it happens all over the place for me. But even worse is that I'm having trouble reproducing it when I want to but when I don't want to she studders. The best part of the whole deal is that the service manager acknowledges the fact that their needs to be a code but bring it in so we can witness the studdering and maybe we can go from there. WTF, I thought there had to be a code? So what your telling me is if you feel something you can help me but if you don't I must be full of sh*t. Then he goes on into the "cars have certain characteristics." One the people at Subaru tried to tell me its drive by wire that feels different. Problem is this is my second drive by wire, my Jetta never studdered, farted or hiccuped!

Help me please!!!

Shawn

Get it to about 55 mph in 3rd or 4th gear and about 3K rpm on the tach. Floor it at that point and I'll bet that gets you a stutter. The stutter most commonly happened for me in that range.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

Tell them to forget about duplicating it...have them pull the CID (Calibration Identification Number) of your car's ECM and have them fax it to the SOA tech line with a customer complaint of surging. SOA will respond to them and let them know if your car is eligible for the reflash...

I spoke to Subaru directly and they said nothing can be done without an engine code or the symptom being reproduced. The service manager says the same thing. I tried duplicating it based on the first reply to this thread and I can't seem to do it. Its really starting to piss me off!! I'm ready to try the lemon law thing if they keep up the denials. I'll bring it back for the problem until I reach the criteria if I have to.

Shawn

Tell them to forget about duplicating it...have them pull the CID (Calibration Identification Number) of your car's ECM and have them fax it to the SOA tech line with a customer complaint of surging. SOA will respond to them and let them know if your car is eligible for the reflash...

unorthodox, try this:

1. Turn on A/C to coldest setting on both sides and make sure the fan is at max speed.

2. Hit some traffic lights and stop and go traffic

3. Hit a highway/freeway and get to 60-70 in 5th gear

4. Punch it but not to the point of lugging, preferebly when the road is an upward grade

I keed I keeed

Archived