LegacyGT.com

6MT Binding??

Zombaru

My spec.b is making a hopping sensation when turning sharp and moving slowly in either forward or reverse. I can hear something tapping my q300 on every "hop" as well.

Check all the boots. Good. No leaking liquids.

Seems to be the front. The tapping noise is more of a knock. I took it to a shop and they tried the transmission mount and now there's a rubbing noise on deceleration.

The car has 60,000miles. I have new tires but this problem started to surface before.

They were stock sized eagle GT's

Could changing the fluids front to rear help? its at 60,000 so its time anyways...

Every 30,000 miles the fluids should be replaced with Extra-S. What fluid is in there now ?

These things are picky about you put in them.

Sound like you have a issue with the front diff.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Not entirely sure whats in there. But i'm beginning to bet its factory...

I think all fluids are going to be inspected and changed...

I bought the car at 45,000 miles from Subaru Calgary. Had her shipped to me in Winnipeg.

Guy had the average mileage at 20l/100km or 11mpg or so. That was over an 8,000Km distance. So seems like she had a hard life before.

Not all dealers know to put Extra-S in the tranny's...

Is there a local forum, you can ask the guy's who's good with trannys there ?

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived