LegacyGT.com

First - inexpensive - mod

dkodyl

Get some better tires!

Then I'd go springs

then a sway bar

I went the other route, I did Springs first ..

doing rims/tires ...

and then sway bar

+1 do it in that order if you can.

if you add the sway bars first your tighting up your ride and putting more strian on our already crappy stock tires.

do springs or tires first...they will probably have the most impact of the three.

looking for least expensive mod to improve handling. Springs, sway bar? Thanks for ideas

isn't he looking for handling mods?

and yes...more air in your tires should be #1.

Cheap?

Air should be free or close to that. :)

Sways are pretty low-cost, too.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

lighten the car by not carrying stuff in the car you dont need.. that helps out as well.

Keefe

Not much you can remove.. spare tire and floor mats? (and i'm not riding around town without a spare tire..... and the floor mats add what, 10 pounds?)

throw your passengers and go on a diet.. ;)

so for everyone saying sway bar or springs, what are the recommended ones? i saw a few threads on the progress sways being poor fits.

people keep suggesting sways when really it's a preference mod, not a definite mod to have since everyone doesnt have the same level of driving skill or even style for that matter.

If you want to get some sways, get Cusco since they fit the best on the car as far as I know.. in terms of what size to get or which of the front or rear to get, well, that's the whole issue that I am trying to get my point across in my first paragraph.

Keefe

Keefe

I threw out my gf.. made the car 110lbs lighter.

So much nicer driving around now.

How much more air should I put in the tires?

How hard do you drive? Just keep putting air until you stop rolling the sidewalls.

Keefe

Keefe

How hard do you drive? Just keep putting air until you stop rolling the sidewalls.

Keefe

Seriously - what kind of pressure are people running if you're driving hard for the street? Also - I've had sways first and coilovers second on my last car (R32). The coilovers were ... a bit harsh.

Anyone in the Boston area have ION springs? I'd like to go for a spin to see how they are. Strangely enough, I swear the ride in the limited wagon is harsher than the non-limited sedan. Not harsh, but enough to make me think twice about springs. Maybe its the cloth seats giving a 1/4" of give?

Seriously - what kind of pressure are people running if you're driving hard for the street? Also - I've had sways first and coilovers second on my last car (R32). The coilovers were ... a bit harsh.

Anyone in the Boston area have ION springs? I'd like to go for a spin to see how they are. Strangely enough, I swear the ride in the limited wagon is harsher than the non-limited sedan. Not harsh, but enough to make me think twice about springs. Maybe its the cloth seats giving a 1/4" of give?

I really think most people dont understand that coilovers need some attention to keep them from being harsh and they can really shine.

And yes, depending on how hard you drive, tire pressures do make a difference because if they are low when cold, they wont have enough pressure once they get warm or hot for that matter.

For an example from my log book, on a 225/45/17 street tire, I usually run a 38/36 cold and when they heat up, I can get them to 44/40 or 46/42. As my driving gets better and better, the tire pressures are going lower and lower because I am not really stressing the tires out as much from harsh turn-ins and hard braking/accelerating.

Keefe

Keefe

Archived