LegacyGT.com

Clutch Engagement Point

ERLoft

So, got my new setup installed which includes an ACT clutch. Seems that the engagement point is really close to the floor. I haven't been able to do any break in really, as I don't have the base map for the car.

Should I wait until after the normal break in period for the clutch before worrying about any adjustments?

I never opened up the clutch fluid system during my swap, so I don't think it needs to be bled or anything similar.

Been reading about adjusting the engagement point via the rod under the dash above the gas pedal. This was from an Impreza, but I presume that the 4th Gen LGT has a similar system. I'm guessing that I can make any adjustment to engagement point via this rod? And that extending the rod should move the engagement point farther from the floor - is that correct?

2013 S4 - Glacier White - DSG - B&O - Tech Package - Sports Diff - Napa - RS4 Grille - Stasis Exhaust - APR Intake - KW Variant 1 - Stern Control Arms - CR-15 - Stasis RSB - Moog Endlinks - PC Hyper Black Peelers - Deval Front Lip - ECS Rear Diffuser - Carbon Imports Ducktail - ECS Mirror Caps - Relak Paddle Extensions - Autostyle Floor Mats - LED Interior - V1 - Blackvue DR900s -

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Not sure about that, I'll leave that to the experts.

Do you have that new collar on the pressure plate ? could that be why the pedal is different ?

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Yeah, I used the new Monoloc collar with the SB013 pressure plate that came on the car. (Had that resurfaced along with the flywheel). I spoke to my friend Devin who's a Subaru Master Tech - his opinion was to wait until I get through the 500 mile break in period on the clutch disc before making any adjustments.

He's also going to swing by my place in the next couple of days to check out the new setup overall and I'll have him test out the clutch when he does.

2013 S4 - Glacier White - DSG - B&O - Tech Package - Sports Diff - Napa - RS4 Grille - Stasis Exhaust - APR Intake - KW Variant 1 - Stern Control Arms - CR-15 - Stasis RSB - Moog Endlinks - PC Hyper Black Peelers - Deval Front Lip - ECS Rear Diffuser - Carbon Imports Ducktail - ECS Mirror Caps - Relak Paddle Extensions - Autostyle Floor Mats - LED Interior - V1 - Blackvue DR900s -

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived