LegacyGT.com

White smoke

Hey guys just like i said in the intro threads, ive just picked up a 2005 LGT 5mt. has a bunch of stuff needing replacing mostly suspension and brakes, and the clutch. however, once i got home i had a little video made of the exhaust, my mother was revving the engine for me. right after i got the black smoke out, some white semi-thick smoke came out when going down the RPM's and then disappeared, i figured its not blown turbo because that would smoke in idle too. would that be turbo seals? the car also has cobb intake and some sort of custom catless downpipes with cutout, 3" exhaust and doesnt have a tune for the cat delete. i could use some help as im new to the LGT scene. Thanks!

Check the oil. It's not easy to get a true reading. Pull the dip stick, wipe it, let the oil drain back into the pan may take a few minutes. Then check the oil level. Make sure the car is on level ground.

Car's will put out white vapor at times depends on how cold the exhaust piping is.

You may have a bad head gasket. A hydro-carbon sniffer would be able to tell. May be the auto parts store guy has one they use like a code reader, they will read CEL for free.

The car needs to be tuned if it has a down pipe.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived