LegacyGT.com

My latest thousand dollar repair

Ok so not quite $1k. The total bill from heuberger subaru to replace both lateral links, mount and balance and alignment, and brake fluid flush. The original estimate was $250 to replace the seize rear toe bolts. However once it was in the shop they advised me the bushings in the lateral links survive at a 50/50 rate when pulling that bolt. So a quick two hour job turned into another 3 shop hours at $115 and another day without my car due to a mistake in their inventory system.

I am glad that I was able to have it done right but it always hurts to pay the shop especially at $115 an hour. The lesson here? Tell the alignment shop to pull those bolts and give em some anti seize every once in a while. I have heard similar nightmare stories of stuck bolts and disintegrating bushings.

Side note, at least I did not take it to Aspen Autp Clinic as I originally planned. Would have been a nightmare having them replace those links.

I know the dealers the best...but for a 06 why are you taking it there ?

Find a decent repair shop, post in the local forums for who to go to or ask people you work with where they have repairs done.

Never let the dealer fix your car, labor rates are way to high.

Did they give you the parts at 25% off ?

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I know the dealers the best...but for a 06 why are you taking it there ?

Find a decent repair shop, post in the local forums for who to go to or ask people you work with where they have repairs done.

Never let the dealer fix your car, labor rates are way to high.

Did they give you the parts at 25% off ?

I think he meant that he bought the parts from Heuberger. The dealership is about an 8hr drive from Papsmear Nebraska.

Nope I was hanging out in colorado and got it fixed there... Heuberger is the only place to stock the lateral links in the springs. And like I said they didn't even actually have them and had to go to denver. So really I ended up paying for the convenience. I dont need my vacation interrupted by some nightmare repair job and running between cities for parts.

Yeah they discounted I think 10%... Like $25 on parts and $50 on labor.

Archived